Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

Today was a banner day! Picked up my latest creation from Mike. The early century styled Homburg to be named "The Olcott". Mike did a superb job of matching a c1913 image from the archives that caught my eye a few months ago. The deep center crease is ready to sport a clip when I find a vintage one, just like Ben Olcott did over 100 years ago in the photo. I could not be happier with this hat. I don't get to wear it for a week, it is my 60th birthday present. I have negotiated an unboxing tomorrow for a photo shoot. More detailed images to come.
Olcott Homburg crown 14Jan17.jpg
14Jan17 Olcott center dent NW Hats.jpg
Olicott Homburg side 14Jan17.jpg

Today was a banner day! Picked up my latest creation from Mike. The early century styled Homburg to be named "The Olcott". Mike did a superb job of matching a c1913 image from the archives that caught my eye a few months ago. The deep center crease is ready to sport a clip when I find a vintage one, just like Ben Olcott did over 100 years ago in the photo. I could not be happier with this hat. I don't get to wear it for a week, it is my 60th birthday present. I have negotiated an unboxing tomorrow for a photo shoot. More detailed images to come. View attachment 65214 View attachment 65215 View attachment 65216
Great hat. I think doing stellar work like this is Mike's strength. He has taken a number of ideas/descriptions of mine and created wonderful hats that match in reality the hat I desired. I have one on the block right now but have yet to see it. Mike will get ribbon ideas to me in the next few days.

RJR

Today was a banner day! Picked up my latest creation from Mike. The early century styled Homburg to be named "The Olcott". Mike did a superb job of matching a c1913 image from the archives that caught my eye a few months ago. The deep center crease is ready to sport a clip when I find a vintage one, just like Ben Olcott did over 100 years ago in the photo. I could not be happier with this hat. I don't get to wear it for a week, it is my 60th birthday present. I have negotiated an unboxing tomorrow for a photo shoot. More detailed images to come. View attachment 65214 View attachment 65215 View attachment 65216
Good looking.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Red that looks great! Very much like the picture you posted earlier.

I finally got a chance to get some portrait shots of the new Olcott this evening. Been tied up at the Theater all day. I'm stage manager for a show at the local community theater so my life is not my own for the next few weeks. The images do not totally pick up the color of the ribbon which is a darker blue. Mike's bow has a little extra detail that makes it interesting. I even tried to simulate the look of a crease clip. I hope you enjoy these images of this indulgent historical creation.

15Jan17 Olcott side and bow.jpg
15Jan17 Olcott front top.jpg
Olcott crease pinch.jpg
15Jan17 Olcott Crown crease.jpg
15Jan17 Olcott Liner NW Logo.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today was a banner day! Picked up my latest creation from Mike. The early century styled Homburg to be named "The Olcott". Mike did a superb job of matching a c1913 image from the archives that caught my eye a few months ago. The deep center crease is ready to sport a clip when I find a vintage one, just like Ben Olcott did over 100 years ago in the photo. I could not be happier with this hat. I don't get to wear it for a week, it is my 60th birthday present. I have negotiated an unboxing tomorrow for a photo shoot. More detailed images to come.
olcott-homburg-crown-14jan17-jpg.65214
Red, I have searched in vain for half an hour your post where you show us three new hats.
Damn I have not found it!
So I'm here to compliment you for this special homburg for color and shape and for your bowler and for almost trilby.
I liked them a lot and above all, you wear them with great allure.
Grandissimi complimenti!

Red, I have searched in vain for half an hour your post where you show us three new hats.
Damn I have not found it!
So I'm here to compliment you for this special homburg for color and shape and for your bowler and for almost trilby.
I liked them a lot and above all, you wear them with great allure.
Grandissimi complimenti!
Thank you Daniele. I posted my refurbished hats from NW Hats in the What Hat are you wearing today thread on Saturday when I got back from my trip to pick them up. They were, this Homburg named the Olcott,

My late 1950s Stetson Royal Deluxe And a Christy's Bowler with a new liner and sweatband.

Attachments

• 14Jan17 Stetson refurb NW Hats.jpg
    14Jan17 Stetson refurb NW Hats.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 14Jan17 Bowler refurb NW Hats.jpg
    14Jan17 Bowler refurb NW Hats.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 91
Looks fantastic Red, congrats! That hat is a real stunner.

My new NW is "on the block", just finished sending the detail to Mike last week.
This will be Northwest #4, yes I'm a total NW fanboy! :D
Aside from my next felt from mike, he is building a straw from his collection of excellent bodies from south of the border, it should be my next NW hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24