Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok a hat I love but my wife hates it .....

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Hi everyone

Just wanted to share one of my cowboy hats ....I normally get to wear it when my wife is away and or on special occasions like Halloween. But this year due to Sandy Halloween was canceled . We were also inviited to a pig roast and when I got there it was a western theme costume party but my wife did not let me know and my Stetson , morgan dollar buckle and lucheese boot stated home not to see the light Of day in 2012.

Bill

There's always Christmas Day. Now that's an outing :)

Definitely a wet weather hat I would think. It would take the rainwater well away from the shoulders

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
My fiancee really hates beards. So I grow one now and then for that reason. It's fun! She only dictates my life the other 99.9 percent of the time. A hat is easy to take on and off. A beard takes time to grow. Use it!

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
Anyway, I think the hat looks great. The glasses take away from the hat but I really dont think you were going for the perfect outfit, just showing off a great hat while wearing what you were wearing at the time. The post was about the hat and the hat looks really cool!

TomS

One Too Many
Hi Bill:

Good to see you around these parts, and a great hat I might say!!

For those of you that haven't met Mr. Sohne, he is an authority on all things vintage watch related, and a true gentleman! He will certainly be a pleasure to share the forum with.

Best,
Tom

Last edited:
Hi Bill

Welcome to the lounge. At 6'3 270lbs I would think you should be wearing the trousers in your home as well as any hat you dame well please.
Get a grip and wear that beast. A mans gota do what a mans gota do.
Best regards
CCJ

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
Whenever I say, "I wear the pants", I hear back, "yeah, you wear pants". So I guess she wears THE pants. I just wear... Pants.

-30-

A-List Customer
When my wife & I were married, I wore a suit with pants and she wore a "Pant Suit". She didn't like my Homberg, so I got rid of it.

When she got rid of me at divorce, she also rid herself of any settlement. (I being a better lawyer than what she had retained.)

When looking back to those days of 42 years past, I am to wonder if she will be buying another "Pant Suit" anytime soon.

My "newest hat", a Homberg - c/w hat box, should be at The St Lawrence Antique Market this Sunday.

Freedom 65!

But then, this is just "Old hat".

Regards,
-30-

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
When my wife & I were married, I wore a suit with pants and she wore a "Pant Suit". She didn't like my Homberg, so I got rid of it.

When she got rid of me at divorce, she also rid herself of any settlement. (I being a better lawyer than what she had retained.)

When looking back to those days of 42 years past, I am to wonder if she will be buying another "Pant Suit" anytime soon.

My "newest hat", a Homberg - c/w hat box, should be at The St Lawrence Antique Market this Sunday.

Freedom 65!

But then, this is just "Old hat".

Regards,
-30-
So basically what your saying is if we don't mind doing our own cooking,cleaning ect just stick to our guns(haha)

-30-

A-List Customer
"So basically what your saying is if we don't mind doing our own cooking,cleaning ect just stick to our guns(haha)"
QUOTE: nice hat dude!

One of the Main Problems was that never having been required to, She Couldn't Cook!

We ended-up, rather, "ate out" at the many of the restaurants within the St Clair/Yonge area.

When asked as to why I married her, my reply was "Seemed like a good idea at the time."

That comment did not sit well, as you will have guessed, or may I say - imagined.
(LOL)

Regards,
-30-

The only thought that I can add to this is - Never take true love at face value.
-30-

Last edited:

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
When I was married to my ex-wife, I had a WWII US Army pith helmet. I loved wearing it, but my ex-wife DESPISED it. So I wore it out in public as often as I could, just to be passive-aggressive. Itw as fun.....still have the pith helmet, too...

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot