Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Highwayman will ride again!

gdc

One of the Regulars
I bought this incredible jacket from Jake and couldn't be happier. When I saw it listed for sale I immediately took some measurements and jumped on it. My only concern was that it might be a bit short in the back. Although it is only 24" I think it fits as it should. Sorry for the poor pics but all the character shown in Jakes pics is there.
Front:

IMG_20120709_153658.jpg
[/IMG]

Back:

IMG_20120709_153807.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my first Aero so I have nothing to compare it to. It seems much heavier than my other jackets and with the wool lining I expect to stay warm this winter. :eusa_clap

Edit, I believe the lining is cotton.

Last edited:

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
So glad it got there safely. Certainly looks a better fit on you than me, it was almost above the belt on my waist. I'm more than happy that this jacket's adventures are going to continue over in the States with you. Wear it in good health :)

gdc

One of the Regulars
Jake,
I cannot say enough about your communication throughout this deal. I feel honored more than I could ever express to be able to enjoy and shepard this jacket.

Does it need to be fed periodically or should I just wear it? The hide is really in great shape.

FWIW, I'm 5'9" and weigh 180lbs. My normal suit size is a 40R and I normally get the sleeves shortened. The bottom of most suit jackets are a tad long. The jacket fits me well and as I've just turned fifty I hope to maintain my weight.:D

Last edited:

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
You're more than welcome :)

Personally I wouldn't treat the jacket yet. Despite the finish wearing through to show that great patina there are no dry spots of cracking. These hides are tough!

The fit makes sense to me - i'm 5'11' and 175lbs, also normally a standard size 40. I think it must have been originally made as a 40 short.

Jake,
I cannot say enough about your communication throughout this deal. I feel honored more than I could ever express to be able to enjoy and shepard this jacket.

Does it need to be fed periodically or should I just wear it? The hide is really in great shape.

FWIW, I'm 5'9" and weigh 180lbs. My normal suit size is a 40R and I normally get the sleeves shortened. The bottom of most suit jackets are a tad long. The jacket fits me well and as I've just turned fifty I hope to maintain my weight.:D

gdc

One of the Regulars
I thought I was 5'9" because that's what my driver's license says but the two inch difference should only account for about an inch from the waist up so I measured myself by putting a pencil mark on the wall just like my parents did. I'm more like 5'7" barefoot. Whatever..... All I know is that I'm fortunate to have this jacket. Thanks for the advice on feedings. It won't get any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters