Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Movie Posters - anyone collect, and what?

djd

Practically Family
Here's another couple I still have about the house

imagexpr.jpg

imagevpf.jpg

Kopf-Jaeger

New in Town
I don't actually collect them however, when I was a kid a friend of the family ran a local theater and also a drive-in. I used to get posters all of the time and hang them in my bedroom. Here are a few along with one of the poster holders that used to hang outside of the cinema before they tore it down. I managed to save two of them.
mp6.jpg

mp5.jpg

mp4.jpg

mp3.jpg

mp2.jpg

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I have a tube of more modern reprints of posters like Batman, The Mask & Hook. I'm more apt to show (someday) the promotional displays from The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe I was able to snatch from my old job. Need more wall space, though. ;)

I'm more interested in finding reprints of posters from silent movies. Would love to find ones from Harold Lloyd's films, Keaton, or Chaplin. Know of any good sites to order?

djd

Practically Family
You could try allposters.com for starters they may have them for some of the better known films. There are a lot of sites that sell repros.... Movieposter.com is another one I think. Just google vintage movie posters and you'll get quite a few hits :)

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
You could try allposters.com for starters they may have them for some of the better known films. There are a lot of sites that sell repros.... Movieposter.com is another one I think. Just google vintage movie posters and you'll get quite a few hits :)

Cool! I've done searches in the past but hadn't thought to do it again until I saw this thread. Thanks for the info. :)

Charlie74

Familiar Face
Don't have any movie posters but am fortunate enough to have some actual photos take on the sets of "Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte" and on the set of "Cleopatra" (Liz Taylor version) which are currently at the framers

davidraphael

Practically Family
Today at a fleamarket I picked up two great, old German movie posters - one for Orson Welles' Kafka adaptation of 'The Trial' and one for 'Weekend' by Jean Luc Godard.
img5443f.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
img5444b.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I don't actually collect them however, when I was a kid a friend of the family ran a local theater and also a drive-in. I used to get posters all of the time and hang them in my bedroom. Here are a few along with one of the poster holders that used to hang outside of the cinema before they tore it down. I managed to save two of them.
mp6.jpg

mp5.jpg

mp4.jpg

mp3.jpg

mp2.jpg

Wow those are very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran