Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Suede Shoes - Vendor claims 1920s (size 7.5 to 8)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
$T2eC16F,!zoE9s5nc3nCBQN1)ZQwK!~~60_3.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1920s-Marshall-Snellgrove-Gentleman-s-V-Narrow-s7-5-8-Suede-Shoes-Ref-FGW-/140834700986?pt=UK_Vintage_Shoes&hash=item20ca66feba

I really don't know enough about shoes and how to identify eras. The vendor claims these to be 1920s. However, the London area on the interior appears to be marked as 'W'. In another recent thread it was mentioned that the area code 'W' changed to be followed by a number in 1917.

As i say, i don't know enough about shoes to say with any confidence that these are as early as that might suggest. However, I'll let the experts decide.

nice. yes the london postcode districts gained numbers in 1917. But all that tells us is that the branded part of the shoe sole liner was made in 1917 or before, or they were tardy in changing the printing on the branding.

but that sole length seems more like a size 6 to me. All the better for those of us with size 6 shoes!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW