Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Town

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, what a cool place. Unfortunately this is the first time I'm hearing of it, so I can't give you any feedback on it's products or service. But, I thank you for sharing the link. It is very cool. I just wish I could see the page with all the clothes on it in real pictures, instead of just characatures (SP?). I see they have a page with fabric offerings, I wish there was a way to see the actual clothes in those fabrics. The Heather and the Herringbone tweed look cool, would be great for either a woman's or a mans suit. And what man wouldn't want a suit made out of Moleskin!! Perfect match for all of your moleskin notebooks!
Thanks Feraud :)

Salv

One Too Many
Feraud said:
My wife read an article about Old Town in some craft magazine. I asked her to jot the name down. She found the link.

OK, thanks - was that a US magazine? If so it's nice to see they're getting some international recognition.

Salv

One Too Many
herringbonekid said:
Salv, how many Old Town items of clothing do you have now ?

Actually not that many, but I've got a wish-list as long as your arm - just a pair of Dreadnought trousers, a tie, a shirt plus some original 80s Old Town trousers and a couple of jackets up in the loft (including a very loud donkey jacket in green felted wool with a yellow leather yoke...it was the '80s...:eek: )

I wanted to buy a tweed Overall jacket when we visited last year, but they don't take credit or debit cards, I didn't have my chequebook, and I couldn't get enough cash out on the day to pay for the jacket. I didn't get around to it when we got home, but I'll order one some day. I'm going to order a Hospital Shirt come payday though.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
The Old Town range is superb, and I hardly dare let myself visit their mouthwatering website. But if you can afford the stuff don't hesitate to buy, you won't be disappointed, the fabrics, patterns and workmanship are top notch.

Salv

One Too Many
They do seem reluctant to sell anything to anyone outside the UK - they only accept personal cheques through the website, or cash or cheques in the shop, and no credit or debit cards, and they only seem to deliver to UK addresses. They're quirky enough to make me think that it's a deliberate policy and they want to appear as though they are actually trading in the 1930s, but it's more likely that they just get enough business in the UK to stay solvent.

But then, I've found a few US companies that only ship to the US, or make it very difficult or expensive to ship anything anywhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats