Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Older hat from grandpas closet. Wondering if this is a nice little find?

grandpascloset

New in Town
Grandpa gave me a few hats and he says he thinks this is from around the 50's but not sure. I could find no similar hat made by Richman Brothers. It says capri on the inside and again nothing similar and i've been scooping around a while. Ive been told its really rice but just looking for some background. Thanks guys!

PICS: http://imgur.com/a/G5tgs

hope i did this right!!

thats the kind of stuff im looking for:) thanks. is stingy a style or an adjective??

Stingy brims are normally considered to be brim widths of 2" and under. Probably an early 60s hat. Most department and chain store brands, like Richman Bros., were made by one of the larger firms. Not certain here, but my guess would be Hat Corporation of America. As Wiser indicated, not worth a premium price on the open market, but if you like it and want to wear it, that's what's important. I mean, hey, it's grandpa's hat!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

2"? Only 2"?
Who's gonna tell that a wiiiiide brim is something bigger than 2"?
:D
Oh god... I'm ruining this again...

Hey, it's the accepted definition - among most. It's a beanie on the Joao scale. :)

Treat the new guy gently, Joao. Not everybody has a Sister Bertrille complex.

The-Flying-Nun-the-flying-nun-28014414-340-248.gif

Stingy brims are normally considered to be brim widths of 2" and under. Probably an early 60s hat. Most department and chain store brands, like Richman Bros., were made by one of the larger firms. Not certain here, but my guess would be Hat Corporation of America. As Wiser indicated, not worth a premium price on the open market, but if you like it and want to wear it, that's what's important. I mean, hey, it's grandpa's hat!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
+1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21