Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Older women with younger men and VICE-VERSA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lau Mo

Familiar Face
I've never really dated anyone seriously, because I'm only really exposed to people my own age (19). In college, guys don't want a serious relationship...at least not any of the guys I've met...and since my school had a 60% guy to 40% girl ratio...odds arn't the best.:mad: I need to start looking for older guys...it's not experience, it's maturity and readiness for a relationship that I want!

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
I hear so many people talking about the "midlife crisis". Well, even though it is still a couple of years for me until I reach that age, I imagine the midlife crisis as sitting in a yellow Porsche convertible, together with a drop-dead gorgeous 20 year old blonde girl. Honestly I don't see the "crisis" part in this?

..Oh well.. the crisis might be when coming home and the wife is already waiting behind the door, with the sauce pan in her hands :eusa_doh:

Just kidding of course - have to add this as Germans are normally not known for their sense of humour ;)

Cheers,
Tom

Foofoogal

Banned
I imagine the midlife crisis as sitting in a yellow Porsche convertible, together with a drop-dead gorgeous 20 year old blonde girl.

Since you are imagining you may want to remember it is 2009 and it may be your wife in the yellow Porsche with the 20 year old blonde guy coming home to you with a frying pan. :p

Especially since the original name of this thread is older women and younger men. lol

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
@ Foofoogal:

Ouch.. THIS would then really be a crisis :eek: ...

2009? Maybe that's why I love the good ole' times ;)

Cheers,
Tom

Foofoogal

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foofoogal
Especially since the original name of this thread is older women and younger men.

I think you misquoted the title.

Older women with younger men and VICE-VERSA!

close enough. :eusa_doh:

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
On my part, age is never really an issue. But in my case, all the women I've ever had serious relationships with have been older than me. One has been 12 yrs older, the other 10 yrs older, there was another that was 9 yrs older and one that was 3 yrs older. Others that were just casual relationships were closer to my own age, but still older by a year or so. Not that I have anything against younger women, but I gravitate towards older women and they gravitate towards me. Older women seem to be a little more settled and secure with themselves . . . complete, whether they are in a relationship or not. Could be that I just haven't found the right younger woman out there for me as I'm sure there are some pretty secure, independent women out there that are younger than me . . . but that's the enjoyable thing about life . . . for men and women . . . the hunt.

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
Foofoogal said:
Tom, as I beyond love Scotland and Germany I maybe would take a risk to stroll along in your automobile. ;)

http://www.dizzler.com/music/Chuck_Berry/Riding_Along_In_My_Automobile

In which one? The yellow midlife-crisis Porsche? In that case you'll have to be a very young teenager right now, otherwise you'd be over the 20 at the time ;) (Sorry, could not resist...)

In the Riley you are always welcome (irrespective of age).

Cheers,
Tom

Foofoogal

Banned
In which one? The yellow midlife-crisis Porsche? In that case you'll have to be a very young teenager right now, otherwise you'd be over the 20 at the time (Sorry, could not resist...)

In the Riley you are always welcome (irrespective of age).

Either one if we are riding through Germany or Scotland. I truly believe if I would not of gone to Scotland for 2 weeks and Germany for 2 weeks last year it would of been much harder to endure the events after.
The very idea of escaping in the Riley to these places is over the top. I will even sit in the back seat quietly and chaperone it that is what it would take. :D

It is all getting better slowly though and I am procrastinating and on Fl as I have to pack for no. 2 move. I have one more after that and hopefully done. My birthday is on Easter this year and I am so looking forward to family and all. It is all looking up finally. TMI I am sure.

Edward

Bartender
:eek:fftopic:

Tom / Sapphire.... was about to ask before you confirmed further down whether that is a Riley in your avatar - is it an RM?

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
Edward said:

Tom / Sapphire.... was about to ask before you confirmed further down whether that is a Riley in your avatar - is it an RM?

Yes sir... a 1947 1 1/2 litre RMA. More pictures (also giving an explanation why we talk about Scotland) can be found here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=763276

Interesting by the way - I use this avatar photo in other forums as well but noone has ever recognised it. In here you are already the second person asking me within one day. Seems people here have a good taste...

Cheers,
Tom

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
This deserves a second run.

Yea ... At 18 I ran into a burning building to save two small children; at 23 my girlfriend had cancer and I was ready to take care of her kids. Yes she was older.

For your own sake be gentle with the generalizations. shakeshead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic