Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Online Shops in Canada?

tinpanalley

New in Town
Is there a shop in Canada somewhere that operates online but has a really vast range of hats by different companies? Something like a Bencraft but in Canada? I'm looking for a specific Bailey. I live in Quebec in case anyone happens to know of one near me.
Thanks!

A suggestion: If you live near the US border order from a US online seller and ship it to one of the many border parcel depots. I have all my Ebay etc US purchases shipped to a border town. It has not been a problem bringing across the border. If it is under a few hundred dollars Canadian customs take a verbal declaration and wave you through.

tinpanalley

New in Town
A suggestion: If you live near the US border order from a US online seller and ship it to one of the many border parcel depots. I have all my Ebay etc US purchases shipped to a border town. It has not been a problem bringing across the border. If it is under a few hundred dollars Canadian customs take a verbal declaration and wave you through.
Well, I don't have a car and the border is a bit of a drive actually. I'd spend more on gas and a rental than the hat :)
But clever idea!

Well, I don't have a car and the border is a bit of a drive actually. I'd spend more on gas and a rental than the hat :)
But clever idea!
Yeh, I am only 30 mins away so it is easy for me. My experience in having items shipped from the US to Canada has also been positive. 90% of the items are delivered to my door by the Postie, no duty, no taxes. If you go that route make certain they use United States Postal Service. If they use a courier like FedEx or UPS they will kill you on the brokerage and handling while mailed items come straight to you with no extra unless customs decides to pull it and charge taxes. But that has rarely happened to me. and I am a shopaholic!!!

tinpanalley

New in Town
Yeh, I am only 30 mins away so it is easy for me. My experience in having items shipped from the US to Canada has also been positive. 90% of the items are delivered to my door by the Postie, no duty, no taxes. If you go that route make certain they use United States Postal Service. If they use a courier like FedEx or UPS they will kill you on the brokerage and handling while mailed items come straight to you with no extra unless customs decides to pull it and charge taxes. But that has rarely happened to me. and I am a shopaholic!!!
Honestly, the hat I want is on Amazon Canada but I just thought it might be possible to find an actual HAT store here that I could support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80