Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
The Stratoliner on our web sight right now is the Regular one. We will add the new one once our stock arrives and we see what was sent to us and if I reject any for quality reasons. Even if we are out of your size we can reorder. The only problem is, is that Friday was the last day to place an order with Stetson with guaranteed Pre-Christmas delivery to us.

Jeff

Duper

Practically Family
I've never creased a hat before but this was pretty easy with some steam. I'd say the felt is a bit thicker/stiffer than my modern Strat but not hard to shape. The color is way off in this indoor photo:

Beautiful! Now that is a special Stetson.

,,,Mike

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I don't know what Stetson wants for a price but we are charging for the Stratoliner $225.00 and the Stetsonian $235.00 . That will be our front line cost. If it takes off as we hope it, may get discounted due to the savings in shipping and make up charges if we can order large numbers.

Jeff
Looks nice. Real nice.

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but what's the suggested retail price on these babes?

DOGMAN

One Too Many
I like the looks of that hat.Now I'm getting excited that my Stetsonian will be here soon.Then I'm probably going to want one of the Stratoliners.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
1458451_701982829825538_48162408_n.jpg

hatWRKS in Nashville,TN. recieved their order of new Stetsons this past week.
http://www.hatwrks.com/
https://www.facebook.com/hatWRKS they posted the above picture on their facebook page.
Jeff I hope you get them soon.:) Looking forward to see both models.

carldelo

One Too Many
I think I must have missed it - what's the felt grade on the Stetsonian and new Strat? Is it Royal, Sovereign or something different?

Duper

Practically Family
My "Premiere Stratoliner" arrived at Hat & Sole as a special order Thursday and I picked it up today. First, pictures:

General impressions: The overall quality seems better than my modern Strat. I have no experience with vintage Strats other than to admire the collection the members of the Lounge have, but, the sweat seems of a higher quality leather and the stitching is covered properly by the ribbon (not the case with my modern one). The crown is 5 and 1/2" by my measure. The color--oddly named "cornhill" --is not exactly reproduced in these photos but is pretty close but darker. It's a coppery brown, very pleasing to my eye, a sort of a pecan. Now to create some steam to crease (not bash) the crown.

Does the brim size measure out to a trues 2 1/2? I won't be sad if you said it was 2 5/8th's.

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
Actually, now that you ask, mine does measure to 2 5/8ths.

I have a modern Strat, Sutley and Temple. I'm not sure of the felt grade on those hats but the Premiere Strat seems better to me than any of them but FL experts would be better answering that question.

DougC

Practically Family
I had to get up and look at my weekender (now a "Indy" hat) and its a Royal felt. Its okay; but, I'm really looking forward to getting my Premiere Strat!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
The side seam liner is a nice vintage detail too. I seem to recall Steve Delk saying that they basically weren't made anymore or were otherwise a rarity. The crest imprint is the same as on my Stetson 100...although I'm sure it was used in many models. I really like what I'm seeing here. The leather on the sweatband looks real nice too. I cannot wait to get my hands on one. I was secretly hoping that there would also be a special stratoliner box, but I guess you can't have everything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner