Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordered my first Aero highwayman

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Personally I would return it and I would order the exact same size with 2 inches longer length (ofcourse you can ask the opinion of the fellows at Aero about that). Moreover now you became familiar with the FQHH (smells wonderful, doesn't it) so you can decide whether this is what you want.
The only downside is the 8-10 weeks waiting time, but believe me, it is worth the wait!

Edward

Bartender
Looks great to me. I think the issue is modern, low waist jeans, but if you want to wear those with it, you might be more comfortable with a slightly longer jacket. Do ask Aero, though: sometimes, additional length like that can throw the balance out, design-wise.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Thank you for your suggestion, Edward, I did asked Fizz, she agreed the length is bit short, she said it is standard length for size 40, anyway, my stock LW 44 test will be here on Tuesday, I will see if it's fit on me, meanwhile I will continue to keep my eye on Aero stock highwayman, I don't think any jacket can substitute this classic design jacket, it is like a fine wine, and I have to send it back.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Sorry, I think its a size too large or simply the wrong style for your frame (and a bit short) .

I certainly cant wear a HWM, it just does not suit a slim build imo. Did you look at a Sheene or a 30's half belt? I think they are a much better choice for a slimmer build.

I agree. Clearly, it is too short, but it is simply too big in the midsection as well. Even a size down would likely be too big in the midsection. I know that the Highwayman is supposedly Aero's biggest seller, but it is very hard to pull off. Rarely have I seen one fit well. Get a Premier Fit Highwayman or get a 30's HB.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
I agree. Clearly, it is too short, but it is simply too big in the midsection as well. Even a size down would likely be too big in the midsection. I know that the Highwayman is supposedly Aero's biggest seller, but it is very hard to pull off. Rarely have I seen one fit well. Get a Premier Fit Highwayman or get a 30's HB.

Thank you for your opinion, but It actually tight on both shoulder and chest, it would be impossible to wear if go one size down, I mean, it is a jacket after all, not under armour compression t shirt

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for your opinion, but It actually tight on both shoulder and chest, it would be impossible to wear if go one size down, I mean, it is a jacket after all, not under armour compression t shirt

The shoulders look great. I was referring to the midsection - your stomach area. You look like a fit guy, yet it appears the stomach area of the jacket bulges out through the midsection. It may be that the FQHH needs time to settle down and drape.

Edward

Bartender
Imo, the Highwayman is all about the drape... Same for any boxy-type jacket. Stiffer hides can make them 'sit funny' to begin with, but that will, of course, change with time.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think it's mainly a pants thing or adding another inch or so. Any longer than that and it ceases to look right. It actually looks anatomically good to me, but the pants are too low for the jacket, rather than the jacket being too high for the pants. The shirt thing happens.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
*the back looks fine. I think the front could use an inch or two.

Thanks for your suggestion, I found very helpful, as like Edward said probably because low waist jeans, so I changed another jeans along with darker and short shirt, I think it looks better (maybe I am already adapted this looking)
29058c05146662c9b9d8b8e4ad375039.png
2e19126cbd4bedfb6ba9a9dcb528b774.png

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you made the right decision. If the jacket seemed too short the first time you put it on then you are never going to feel right about it no matter how hard you try! I have a couple of jackets like this that I kept, hoping that I would change my mind about the fit. I have not changed my mind, and these jackets never leave the closet.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
I think you made the right decision. If the jacket seemed too short the first time you put it on then you are never going to feel right about it no matter how hard you try! I have a couple of jackets like this that I kept, hoping that I would change my mind about the fit. I have not changed my mind, and these jackets never leave the closet.

Same apply to marriage, isn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters