Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Looks to be late 1950s at first glance. Some would say "stingy". I like it, not afraid of a 2" brim.
Im not sure how it will look on me but I will watch the auction close and if it stays low I might snipe it just for fun. It also bears some cool connection to my local hometown city of Spokane as it's from the old Crescent Men's Store in downtown Spokane.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Found this one as well that is close to my size. Was wondering if it's worth picking up? Knox Twenty New York Custom Edge in brown. Here is the link

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?itemid=40503365
You're going to be inviting other F Loungers to bid against you... you might hold off on sharing your links to hats you are interested in. That one says Custom Edge on the sweat, but I don't think it looks like a Cavanagh Edge from the pics... but it's hard to tell. But heck, a Knox 20 is a nice hat.

Last edited:

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
You're going to be inviting other F Loungers to bid against you... you might hold off on sharing your links to hats you are interested in. That one says Custom Edge on the sweat, but I don't think it looks like a Cavanagh Edge from the pics... but it's hard to tell. But heck, a Knox 20 is a nice hat.
Yeah I didn't really think about that until about an hour after I posted it lol! Oh well, if one of the fellow Lounge brothers snags it at least it will find a good and appreciative home.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
May be a score, may be a flop.
83d8adce18df38374b448aa3e215c4c0.jpg
af15e68c115d790a47fd2a0a41331ea6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

singlechange

One of the Regulars
Yeah I didn't really think about that until about an hour after I posted it lol! Oh well, if one of the fellow Lounge brothers snags it at least it will find a good and appreciative home.
Jeremy,
Personally, I'd wait and look to find a Knox Forty....I was lucky to find and buy two of them over the last two years and also a Dobbs Forty. Light years better in my humble opinion. All three sellers were asking just a little more ($40, $50, $65). Wait and find better, or get the Twenty and upgrade later.

Robert A.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Jeremy,
Personally, I'd wait and look to find a Knox Forty....I was lucky to find and buy two of them over the last two years and also a Dobbs Forty. Light years better in my humble opinion. All three sellers were asking just a little more ($40, $50, $65). Wait and find better, or get the Twenty and upgrade later.

Robert A.
I decided to pass on it. It was cool because it came from a now defunct local men's store from Spokane a local town I grew up in. However the brim was a bit stingier than I prefer and just couldn't seem to muster up the bid. Thank you for the tips on the Forty quality. I think I will follow your advice and be patient for those.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I decided to pass on it. It was cool because it came from a now defunct local men's store from Spokane a local town I grew up in. However the brim was a bit stingier than I prefer and just couldn't seem to muster up the bid. Thank you for the tips on the Forty quality. I think I will follow your advice and be patient for those.
you won't see a Forty pop up very often at all ... and quite honestly you may never see one pop up in your size ... but you never know and that's what makes the chase exciting

I own a Knox Forty and it has some of the most beautiful felt I've handled ... it is by no means a lightweight hat ... but gorgeous none the less

see the felt here

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
Okay. I just purchased my first hat off of the Bay. I am hoping it will be a success. It is a Tawny Stetson Temple. I own one in Caribou already and I really like it. I will chime in as soon as I inspect it on arrival hopefully next week. I have been eyeballing this tawny for a while but they are getting hard to find in my size. That and I couldn't pass up on the price!
$_57.jpg

RJR

Okay. I just purchased my first hat off of the Bay. I am hoping it will be a success. It is a Tawny Stetson Temple. I own one in Caribou already and I really like it. I will chime in as soon as I inspect it on arrival hopefully next week. I have been eyeballing this tawny for a while but they are getting hard to find in my size. That and I couldn't pass up on the price!
View attachment 78013
Nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21