Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Tonio

A-List Customer
Out antiquing yesterday. Saw this hat and knew it looked like quality, but the brim had obviously been slashed to under 2". My stomach turned when I looked inside and saw it was a pre-Stetson Mallory XV.

B

View attachment 102758

View attachment 102759

He is crying.

image.jpeg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Out antiquing yesterday. Saw this hat and knew it looked like quality, but the brim had obviously been slashed to under 2". My stomach turned when I looked inside and saw it was a pre-Stetson Mallory XV.

B

View attachment 102758

View attachment 102759
Now usable only as a moth decoy to keep them off your un-desecrated vintage felts...
I bet this is how Joao feels whenever someone posts a new conversion!

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haven't been out to look for hats for about a month.Today the wife and I hit a couple antique shops and scored.Found a really good resistol box,the surprise was inside.A kitten finish beaver 15 size 7 1/4 extra long oval,nice brown color.Pulled out my cloth tape measure perfect fit for me.Only $25 for box and hat.
44ktJuV.jpg
6l3tA5T.jpg
xv5BRfI.jpg
mbdqsER.jpg
AVBi2EL.jpg
AUXrtpY.jpg
Damn!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Haven't been out to look for hats for about a month.Today the wife and I hit a couple antique shops and scored.Found a really good resistol box,the surprise was inside.A kitten finish beaver 15 size 7 1/4 extra long oval,nice brown color.Pulled out my cloth tape measure perfect fit for me.Only $25 for box and hat.
44ktJuV.jpg
6l3tA5T.jpg
xv5BRfI.jpg
mbdqsER.jpg
AVBi2EL.jpg
AUXrtpY.jpg

SCORE Dude !

Alrighty, then... HERE is a hat for the ages, with the auction catalogue description first.

"Item Overview
Description: Macerated Currency
Sacrce "Fedora" Style Hat Made Of Redeemed Macerated United States Currency Bank Notes at the U.S. Treasury
Macerated United States Currency Bank Notes, "Fedora" Style Hat, with Original Printed U.S. Treasury Tag, Choice Extremely Fine.
This unusual original example of Macerated Currency measures 4.5" x 3.5" at the brim and 2.25" tall. The original tag, age toned and chipped, is still attached to the upper exterior portion of the Hat. It reads; "Made of U.S. National Green Backs, redeemed and macerated at the U.S. Treasury. Estimated $3,000 Manufactured at 715 11th St. N.W., Washington, D.C." Formed into a "Fedora" style hat which is a rarely encountered design, which would make for a wonderful display item.
Between the mid 1870s to 1928, worn and mutilated United States Currency Banknotes were returned to the Treasury Department where they were reduced to paper pulp and made into Souvenirs for sale to the public. By the 1890s, the pulp was sold to various contractors such as the National Currency Souvenir Co., where it was used to create souvenir busts of prominent Americans, historical images and replicas of various national monuments."

H1082-L136045774.jpg H1082-L136045784.jpg

Alrighty, then... HERE is a hat for the ages, with the auction catalogue description first.

"Item Overview
Sacrce "Fedora" Style Hat Made Of Redeemed Macerated United States Currency Bank Notes at the U.S. Treasury
Macerated United States Currency Bank Notes, "Fedora" Style Hat, with Original Printed U.S. Treasury Tag, Choice Extremely Fine.
This unusual original example of Macerated Currency measures 4.5" x 3.5" at the brim and 2.25" tall. The original tag, age toned and chipped, is still attached to the upper exterior portion of the Hat. It reads; "Made of U.S. National Green Backs, redeemed and macerated at the U.S. Treasury. Estimated $3,000 Manufactured at 715 11th St. N.W., Washington, D.C." Formed into a "Fedora" style hat which is a rarely encountered design, which would make for a wonderful display item.
Between the mid 1870s to 1928, worn and mutilated United States Currency Banknotes were returned to the Treasury Department where they were reduced to paper pulp and made into Souvenirs for sale to the public. By the 1890s, the pulp was sold to various contractors such as the National Currency Souvenir Co., where it was used to create souvenir busts of prominent Americans, historical images and replicas of various national monuments."

View attachment 104346 View attachment 104347

That hat is so money, Charlie. Damn! Maybe I've been around here too long. I'm starting to sound like Charlie.

"Item Overview

I know a barber who collects Uncle Sam effigies, statues & trade stimulators, etc. He has a top hat made from currency.

"Item Overview

But...what size is it?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

"Item Overview

Greetings All:
Steam??...nahh....
Be well. Bowen

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

"Item Overview

Nice.
Is it the "Twenty"?
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot