Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hats

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
That is a sweet hat! Love the blue ribbon. My first panama should be here in a month or so. Nothing special (a subfino as a started hat) but I'm still excited to join the panama hat club (soon).

Neil

A-List Customer
But is there a label on it? Is it a Supernatural? Or was it custom woven way back when? You don't see stuff like this much.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
It was retailed at Dats Fratz 440 Broadway Camden NJ...woven in Equador...genuine Panama(first word might be Bats)

It is not Supernatural

My optimo

a Pilgram

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Wait till I get my PB hat

I just ordered a PH from PB and after a phone conversation with him and several emails, I feel I'm dealing with an honorable and sincere purveyor of Panama Hats. As soon as it arrives I'll post some picks, but just from the lo-res pic he sent me, the hat seems to be of a tighter weave and more consistent color that the Ultrafino I sent back. Can't wait!

The alternating weave of the Ultrafino was not bad but it annoyed me that the weave was crude and varied in fineness all around the hat. I appreciate all those who complemented me on the look of the hat but It irked me that the hat was not what was represented. I'm a fine wine merchant and if a customer asks for a medium bodied and smooth Cabernet and I give them a light bodied tart Cabernet...even if it was technically a more complex wine, then i did that customer a disservice.

tortswon

Practically Family
Please keep us posted

Given Neil's comment, please let us know if you have any problem getting your money back as I am sure that would be information potential customers would want to have before making a purchasing decision. Best, Sam

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
carouselvic said:
It was retailed at Dats Fratz 440 Broadway Camden NJ...woven in Equador...genuine Panama(first word might be Bats)

No, that's surely a "D" in Blackletter; Fratz had a sense of humor! Is there a college nearby? On the other hand, with New Jersey's Dutch heritage and low-Germans just across the way in Pennsy, it may be a real last name...

"Skeet"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred