Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pandora.com *Thought You Might Like*

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I was recently told about this site. And I LOVE it!

For those of you who love your music will love this.
It's a cool concept. You can add a name of a song or artist you like and
it plays everything in their library that is similar to that style
of music. Basically, you can create your own radio stations.
Best of all it's free!

I have my Billie Holiday station going right now...and Marlene Dietrich is singing "Come Rain or Come Shine" ... gorgeous!

Cheers ~

http://www.pandora.com

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Days, weeks, who's counting... Thanks jazzbaby! I'm off to see just how smart this site is, if it can tell me something I don't already know ;)

Swing High,

- C H

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
I listen to this almost every day at work, if my musicofyourlife.com isn't working. The pandora website tends to slow my computer down more than the other one, but since I am able to chose the songs I like it is a much better station.

Brooksie

One Too Many
Hmmmm, I will be trying out www.pandora.com real soon it sounds cool. This is the site I have been going to for music it is called Radio Lulu ...

http:www.live365.com/stations/298896
all of the music inspiration is all about Louise Brooks, they play mostly 20's and 30's and some 40's mixed in. They also play some modern day music that is inspired from Louise Brooks.
I do not really care for the modern day stuff that they play on here and if they are playing it then this is what I do.... I stay at this same site but up at the top I beleive it says jazz ... 30's ... Blues... I click on where it says 30's and then I go to Radio Absinthe (which is my all time favorite) they play music from the 20's and 30's like you would hear in an old time speak easy or absinthe bar.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
A friend of mine was a consultant to the Music Genome project, from which Pandora.com came. I only found out about Pandora a few weeks ago - now it's a regular on my desktop at work.

My favorite station is "Dick Dale Radio"...surf music!

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
That´s great! I just stumbled over Joni Mitchell´s Chelsea Morning today and thought I´d give that a shot...first song it picked was Crosby, Stills & Nash, followed by something by Peter, Paul & Mary. :eusa_clap

What should I try next? So many possibilities! :)
Bing Crosby maybe?

Regards, A.

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
Your so welcome! It's nice to make up your own "radio" stations.
Especially, if you have ecclectic taste...as I am sure most of here do!

and Hondo....here's to youth :p

Stewart Field

New in Town
I am dependent on Pandora for so much of my music as I don't have the variety of 33's that I'd like to encompass every band and artist of the era. Through trial and error I have included the following on my station seeds:
Louis Prima
Duke Ellington
Artie Shaw
Miles Davis
Glenn Miller
Benny Goodman
Charlie Barnet
Helen O'Connell
Hoagy Carmichael
Count Basie
Bing Crosby
Ella Fitzgerald
Billie Holiday
Anita Baker
Betty Hutton
Peggy Lee
Dinah Shore
Anita O'Day
Ethel Waters
Harry James
Jimmy Dorsey
Johnny Mercer
Perry Como
The Andrew Sisters
The Mills Brothers
Rudy Vallee
The Ink Spots
Tommy Dorsey
Vaughn Monroe

I am also constantly on Wikipedia to verify whether the track playing is within the years I am interested in. 1946 and after gets a thumbs down!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24