Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PANIZZA paparazzi

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This Panizza is, for me, a rarity
panizza-oro-interno-totale-jpg.362398

The reason is that I have never found a hat from the house on Lake Maggiore marked "Marca Oro"
panizza-oro-3-jpg.362399

It is a hat from the magnificent part of the Panizza production that was affected more than the other producers in the 1970s by the end of the golden years of Italian hats
panizza-oro-5-jpg.362404

This has a great felt called "Edelweis" as color on the paper label which has very little to do with the actual color of the felt
panizza-oro-6-jpg.362405

What is great is the ribbon made of the same carved felt as specified on the paper label.
Felt has this hardly yieldable color due to its continuous change in the light of the pale and sunny yellow September.
panizza-oro-1-jpg.362406

In the photographs, almost all of them, it is very close to its exact shade which is a brown that goes towards an intense yellow.
panizza-oro-4-jpg.362409
The measurements are as follows: the brims with a with a tiny seam are at 6 centimeters, the ribbon is the same color as the felt and the crown at its lowest point is 10.5 centimeters.

The "Marca Oro" has been magically preserved

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Saving hats is sometimes a question of affection or curiosity.
What you see today belongs to the second category.
panizza-for-ever-8-jpg.373576

Panizza For Ever size 60cm and 7 1/2 in US.
panizza-for-ever-interno-totale-jpg.373578
The size is perfect so it's big for my head, at least in this case.
panizza-for-ever-7-jpg.373577

I have never seen a Panizza marked "For Ever", perhaps one passed through my hands some time ago.
panizza-for-ever-4-jpg.373580

This one had all the characteristics to get back on its feet and have new life.
Felt is a mixed whose name has disappeared from the paper label.
panizza-for-ever-2-jpg.373581

Compared to many Panizza that I have or have had it is a very high-end hat, you can see it in the finishes and quality of the components.
It was curated by Fleur to be worn again, by a twist of fate not for me.
panizza-for-ever-1-jpg.373583

The measures of this rarity: the brims edged in contrast with the color of the felt are at 6.5 centimeters. the black ribbon is 4 centimeters high and the height of the crown at its lowest point is 11 centimeters.
Here is a hat that shows a brand and the location where it was made in great evidence.

Panizza For ever

Last edited:

PanosChris

Practically Family

I have never seen a Panizza marked "For Ever", perhaps one passed through my hands some time ago.

Compared to many Panizza that I have or have had it is a very high-end hat, you can see it in the finishes and quality of the components.

The measures of this rarity: the brims edged in contrast with the color of the felt are at 6.5 centimeters. the black ribbon is 4 centimeters high and the height of the crown at its lowest point is 11 centimeters.
Here is a hat that shows a brand and the location where it was made in great evidence.

Panizza For ever
This should be one of the best Panizzas I've (for)ever seen :)

Panizza For ever

Fantastic hat, Daniele. If it was a size or two larger I’d be sending you a PM :)
The felt, binding, and ribbon just really look great together. I wish these hats were more common in the US. Thank you for sharing.

Pellie

One Too Many

Panizza For ever
Damn, 1 size too big..... :)

Panizza For ever
How could anyone not love that hat?

Panizza For ever
Daniele, It's really something! I like everything about it. The Felt is amazing. I also like the effect of the contrasting Brim binding. The "Panizza Ghiffa For Ever" mark is unique / special. Great find!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This should be one of the best Panizzas I've (for)ever seen :)
Me too Panos. It seems a very high end hat for the standard of Panizza quality

Fantastic hat, Daniele. If it was a size or two larger I’d be sending you a PM :)
The felt, binding, and ribbon just really look great together. I wish these hats were more common in the US. Thank you for sharing.
Brent thanks for your appreciation. I try everyday to rediscover hats buried in the past. Sometimes it works, sometimes not at all. This is an half satisfaction because this Panizza does not want stay on my head.
More Europeans hats on the US market? I have many to sell, but it is not so simple...

Damn, 1 size too big..... :)
I can say the same Marcel, with regret:rolleyes:

How could anyone not love that hat?
It the same tought I made when I see three hats for sale with a tons of old things all around :)

Daniele, It's really something! I like everything about it. The Felt is amazing. I also like the effect of the contrasting Brim binding. The "Panizza Ghiffa For Ever" mark is unique / special. Great find!
Thank Steve. I would like to wear it, but it's really big and so I'm in doubt...

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
This Panizza is, for me, a rarity
panizza-oro-interno-totale-jpg.362398

The reason is that I have never found a hat from the house on Lake Maggiore marked "Marca Oro"
panizza-oro-3-jpg.362399

It is a hat from the magnificent part of the Panizza production that was affected more than the other producers in the 1970s by the end of the golden years of Italian hats
panizza-oro-5-jpg.362404

This has a great felt called "Edelweis" as color on the paper label which has very little to do with the actual color of the felt
panizza-oro-6-jpg.362405

What is great is the ribbon made of the same carved felt as specified on the paper label.
Felt has this hardly yieldable color due to its continuous change in the light of the pale and sunny yellow September.
panizza-oro-1-jpg.362406

In the photographs, almost all of them, it is very close to its exact shade which is a brown that goes towards an intense yellow.
panizza-oro-4-jpg.362409
The measurements are as follows: the brims with a with a tiny seam are at 6 centimeters, the ribbon is the same color as the felt and the crown at its lowest point is 10.5 centimeters.

The "Marca Oro" has been magically preserved

Thanks to Daniele, I am so happy to say, I'm the very proud new custodian of this unique Panizza.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
For a hat that is too small there is one that is too large and this too had to be my size.
The result of an exchange with my friend Stefan, it turned out to be too wide for my head despite being a 6 1/2 or 60 cm.
super-panizza-fantasia-6-jpg.378856
It passed through the talented hands of Fleur and I asked her to change the original "fantasy" ribbon that seemed too fancy to me.
super-panizza-fantasia-3-jpg.378857

I asked for a hatband to match the very particular color of the felt which is indefinable, but heather enough to make it very interesting.
super-panizza-fantasia-5-jpg.378858

Super Panizza size 60 cm or 7 1/2 in the USA.

The felt is defined as M 4, which stands for "Misto 4" and the ribbon was called "fantasy" to stay on the subject.
super-panizza-fantasia-1-jpg.378860

Very nice felt and malleable.
super-panizza-fantasia-2-jpg.378861

The proportions of this Super Panizza are as follows: the brims are at 5.5 centimeters, the (new) ribbon is 3.5 cm high. and the crown at its lowest point is 10.5cm.

This Super Panizza is recommended for all those who have a real size 60 or 7/2, to my detriment

For a hat that is too small there is one that is too large and this too had to be my size.
The result of an exchange with my friend Stefan, it turned out to be too wide for my head despite being a 6 1/2 or 60 cm.
super-panizza-fantasia-6-jpg.378856
It passed through the talented hands of Fleur and I asked her to change the original "fantasy" ribbon that seemed too fancy to me.
super-panizza-fantasia-3-jpg.378857

I asked for a hatband to match the very particular color of the felt which is indefinable, but heather enough to make it very interesting.
super-panizza-fantasia-5-jpg.378858

Super Panizza size 60 cm or 7 1/2 in the USA.

The felt is defined as M 4, which stands for "Misto 4" and the ribbon was called "fantasy" to stay on the subject.
super-panizza-fantasia-1-jpg.378860

Very nice felt and malleable.
super-panizza-fantasia-2-jpg.378861

The proportions of this Super Panizza are as follows: the brims are at 5.5 centimeters, the (new) ribbon is 3.5 cm high. and the crown at its lowest point is 10.5cm.

This Super Panizza is recommended for all those who have a real size 60 or 7/2, to my detriment
Such a pity it doesn't fit you, Daniele. A fantastic heather felt and Panizza at its best. Especially with the new, more classic ribbon by Fleur.

Panizza Super in grafite. Longhair felt in a size 57 with the overwelt brim at 5,5cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. The felt was a bit neglected when I first got this one, but after several brushings and some steaming it is now well behaved and has returned to its original soft hand. Very malleable. Unfortunately some surface mothing here and there.

panizza-super-graf_01-jpg.390808
panizza-super-graf_02-jpg.390809
panizza-super-graf_03-jpg.390810
panizza-super-graf_04-jpg.390811
panizza-super-graf_06-jpg.390812
panizza-super-graf_07-jpg.390813
panizza-super-graf_08-jpg.390814
panizza-super-graf_09-jpg.390815
panizza-super-graf_12-jpg.390817

panizza-super-graf_10-jpg.390818

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I can not resist, despite the good intentions.
The Italian hat market is conspiring against me because it is full of succulent news almost every day
De Luxe Panizza 2.jpg

Panizza De Luxe size 59 cm. 7 3/8 US, an extremely well preserved hat
De Luxe Panizza interno.jpg
It is one of the rare long-fur hats produced in Italy.
De Luxe Panizza 4.jpg
The velour is very soft and slightly different from the master hatters of Central Europe.
What made me decide is the color of the felt, not indicated on the label,
De Luxe Panizza etichetta carta.jpg
but which could be defined as "Honey".
De Luxe Panizza 5.jpg

These are the measurements: the raw brims are 5.5 cm. The open crown is 14 cm and the ribbon is 3 cm high with a very particular bow
De Luxe Panizza fiocco particolare.jpg
On the other hand we saw, a few years ago with Steve, the parade of bows displayed on the walls of the Panizza museum, as well as the machine tools to produce velour
De Luxe Panizza 6.jpg
In the past I have found other Panizza in long velour fur, but the colors and the shape were too out of my taste, this one, however, is fine ;)

I can not resist, despite the good intentions.
The Italian hat market is conspiring against me because it is full of succulent news almost every day
De Luxe Panizza 2.jpg

Panizza De Luxe size 59 cm. 7 3/8 US, an extremely well preserved hat
De Luxe Panizza interno.jpg
It is one of the rare long-fur hats produced in Italy.
De Luxe Panizza 4.jpg
The velour is very soft and slightly different from the master hatters of Central Europe.
What made me decide is the color of the felt, not indicated on the label,
De Luxe Panizza etichetta carta.jpg
but which could be defined as "Honey".
De Luxe Panizza 5.jpg

These are the measurements: the raw brims are 5.5 cm. The open crown is 14 cm and the ribbon is 3 cm high with a very particular bow
De Luxe Panizza fiocco particolare.jpg
On the other hand we saw, a few years ago with Steve, the parade of bows displayed on the walls of the Panizza museum, as well as the machine tools to produce velour
De Luxe Panizza 6.jpg
In the past I have found other Panizza in long velour fur, but the colors and the shape were too out of my taste, this one, however, is fine ;)
Daniele, Also super! Really like to see the Soleil Velour finish. Great color too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran