Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PANIZZA paparazzi

I can not resist, despite the good intentions.
The Italian hat market is conspiring against me because it is full of succulent news almost every day
De Luxe Panizza 2.jpg

Panizza De Luxe size 59 cm. 7 3/8 US, an extremely well preserved hat
De Luxe Panizza interno.jpg
It is one of the rare long-fur hats produced in Italy.
De Luxe Panizza 4.jpg
The velour is very soft and slightly different from the master hatters of Central Europe.
What made me decide is the color of the felt, not indicated on the label,
De Luxe Panizza etichetta carta.jpg
but which could be defined as "Honey".
De Luxe Panizza 5.jpg

These are the measurements: the raw brims are 5.5 cm. The open crown is 14 cm and the ribbon is 3 cm high with a very particular bow
De Luxe Panizza fiocco particolare.jpg
On the other hand we saw, a few years ago with Steve, the parade of bows displayed on the walls of the Panizza museum, as well as the machine tools to produce velour
De Luxe Panizza 6.jpg
In the past I have found other Panizza in long velour fur, but the colors and the shape were too out of my taste, this one, however, is fine ;)
A beautiful colour and a fantastic bow on that hat, Daniele. Must be karma: we don't find the hats, but the hats find us!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele, Also super! Really like to see the Soleil Velour finish. Great color too.
Thanks Steve. The Soleil Velour is really fine and the color too. I waited so long to find a decent Panizza velour
A beautiful colour and a fantastic bow on that hat, Daniele. Must be karma: we don't find the hats, but the hats find us!
Thanks Stefan. The karma is on its way this year for hats, for the rest hope it will find its way
Echoing the praise for this furry beauty. Wonderful.
Thanks Alan. It will be part of the collection of Italian velour hats, not so wide

Panizza Super Castorino short haired velour in the colour Dattero ( a deep brown). Size 56 (according to the label, but it's bigger than that, certainly a 57) with the overwelt brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. The felt is fabulous on this one and it has two vents on each side. I think the "castorino" refers to the finish and not the felt. Weighs just 110 grams, which is lightweight for a velour.
panizza dattero_01.jpg

panizza dattero_02.jpg

panizza dattero_03.jpg

panizza dattero_04.jpg

panizza dattero_06.jpg

panizza dattero_07.jpg

panizza dattero_08.jpg

panizza dattero_10.jpg

panizza dattero_11.jpg

panizza dattero_12.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Panizza Super Castorino short haired velour in the colour Dattero ( a deep brown). Size 56 (according to the label, but it's bigger than that, certainly a 57) with the overwelt brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. The felt is fabulous on this one and it has two vents on each side. I think the "castorino" refers to the finish and not the felt. Weighs just 110 grams, which is lightweight for a velour.
panizza dattero_01.jpg
First of all it must be said that it is one of those Panizza to remember, knowing the variability in the quality of the producer of Lake Maggiore. "Castorino" certainly refers to the finish of the felt and the "vents" in a velour hat denote its commercialization in a warm region such as Sicily. Soon I will show you a Borsalino that has the same characteristics. Anyway congratulations, Stefan, for the great class find

First of all it must be said that it is one of those Panizza to remember, knowing the variability in the quality of the producer of Lake Maggiore. "Castorino" certainly refers to the finish of the felt and the "vents" in a velour hat denote its commercialization in a warm region such as Sicily. Soon I will show you a Borsalino that has the same characteristics. Anyway congratulations, Stefan, for the great class find
Thank you, Daniele. That's exactly true. Another (later) one from this same maker also turned up, which was not worth showing here to be honest. You win some, you lose some. This one was a winner.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I haven't seen FL firsthand in some time, but the horrific heat has marred any form of entertainment.
Panizza Lapis 3_modificato-1.jpg
In the torrid summer of North-East Italy I bought this hat following my instinct and very little the horrible photos of the seller.
Panizza Lapis 5_modificato-1.jpg
Panizza Oro size 60 or 7 1/2 in the USA in splendid shape inside, less in the felt.
Panizza Lapis interno_modificato-1.jpg
The hat looks new but left at the mercy of the moths who have done a meticulous job of digging tiny holes in the brim.
Panizza Lapis 8.jpg
The hat has a light and malleable felt with colors that perfectly match being both the felt and the belt in the color "Lapis".
Panizza Lapis 2_modificato-1.jpg
It is basically a monochrome.
Panizza Lapis etichetta_modificato-1.jpg
These are the measurements of this high-end Panizza: the rough brims are 6 cm in abundance, the ribbon is 3 cm and the crown at its lowest point is 11 cm.
Panizza Lapis 6.jpg
It's rare to find Panizza from the golden age, this is one and it lifted me from the heat

I haven't seen FL firsthand in some time, but the horrific heat has marred any form of entertainment.
Panizza Lapis 3_modificato-1.jpg
In the torrid summer of North-East Italy I bought this hat following my instinct and very little the horrible photos of the seller.
Panizza Lapis 5_modificato-1.jpg
Panizza Oro size 60 or 7 1/2 in the USA in splendid shape inside, less in the felt.
Panizza Lapis interno_modificato-1.jpg
The hat looks new but left at the mercy of the moths who have done a meticulous job of digging tiny holes in the brim.
Panizza Lapis 8.jpg
The hat has a light and malleable felt with colors that perfectly match being both the felt and the belt in the color "Lapis".
Panizza Lapis 2_modificato-1.jpg
It is basically a monochrome.
Panizza Lapis etichetta_modificato-1.jpg
These are the measurements of this high-end Panizza: the rough brims are 6 cm in abundance, the ribbon is 3 cm and the crown at its lowest point is 11 cm.
Panizza Lapis 6.jpg
It's rare to find Panizza from the golden age, this is one and it lifted me from the heat
I think it's a beauty and the moths should have paid it more respect and have left it alone.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today I am introducing you to a velour hat which has the particularity of having certainly been made in Italy
De Luxe Panizza 2.jpg

We saw with Steve during our visit to the Panizza museum in Ghiffa the machines for obtaining this type of felt finish
De Luxe Panizza 4.jpg
The hat is a Panizza De Luxe size 57cm or 7 3/8 in the US.
De Luxe interno.jpg
The type of the felt finish is called "melousine" French word to define this finish
De Luxe Panizza particolare.jpg
The color of the felt is a dark honey, although there's no paper label to spell it out for sure, but it's very similar to another one I acquired last year
De Luxe Panizza 7a.jpg
The felt has a medium-long fur, particularly soft and with an excellent texture.
The peculiarity, in addition to the color, is the ribbon which is in brown velour with visible stitching
De Luxe Panizza 7.jpg

These are the measurements of the Panizza De Luxe: the raw brims are 6 centimeters, the very short pile vlor ribbon is 4 centimeters and the fully open crown is 14.5 centimeters.
If any velour enthusiast is interested, the hat needs a new home.

PanosChris

Practically Family
Today I am introducing you to a velour hat which has the particularity of having certainly been made in Italy
De Luxe Panizza 2.jpg

We saw with Steve during our visit to the Panizza museum in Ghiffa the machines for obtaining this type of felt finish
De Luxe Panizza 4.jpg
The hat is a Panizza De Luxe size 57cm or 7 3/8 in the US.
De Luxe interno.jpg
The type of the felt finish is called "melousine" French word to define this finish
De Luxe Panizza particolare.jpg
The color of the felt is a dark honey, although there's no paper label to spell it out for sure, but it's very similar to another one I acquired last year
De Luxe Panizza 7a.jpg
The felt has a medium-long fur, particularly soft and with an excellent texture.
The peculiarity, in addition to the color, is the ribbon which is in brown velour with visible stitching
De Luxe Panizza 7.jpg

These are the measurements of the Panizza De Luxe: the raw brims are 6 centimeters, the very short pile vlor ribbon is 4 centimeters and the fully open crown is 14.5 centimeters.
If any velour enthusiast is interested, the hat needs a new home.
Nice!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran