Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Partnership aeroleather with pikes brothers

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Hello,
I have seen on the Aero website some PIKE BROTHERS products (jeans, D1 jacket) and soon the B10 (according to an autorizaded source).
Is it a change in Aero's marketing strategy (i read some comments about the PIKES BROTHERS B10 jacket which was undergraduated comparing with the Aero B10) ?
Or PIKES BROTHERS had increase their level of product to be choosen by AEROLEATHER ?

JanSolo

Practically Family
Aero no langer makes the B-10 because their military cloth jackets machinist retired. Why shouldn't they offer those products? According to Will there is not enough money in cloth jackets if they are made to Aero standards...that's why Aero is offering more than just PB denim.

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
ok Jan, but is PIKE BROTHERS have reach the level of AERO or the contrary ?
The former version of the PIKE BROTHERS B10 was a nice repro BUT not at the level of the AERO so what's the answer ?
The new PB B10 seems to have a nice rusty brown collar but what's the thickness of the alpaca lining , is it close to AERO standards ?

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
We've stocked other brands since 1986 but only if we feel these product are of a high enough quality. Some of Pike Brothers pieces are very impressive.

Their sweatshirt is amazing, the best we've seen since our old Slapshot sweats, and their Jeans are a very good example of vintage styling and sell at the right price bridging the gap between Levi Vintage and Freddies of Pinewood. As for their Deck Jacket to quote Will "Is indistinguishable from the original in our vintage collection", that's why we are stocking these items.

Their B-10 is vastly over-engineered, too thick, too heavy for USSAF repro buyers but nevertheless it's a superb foul weather jacket (heavier than a B-15) and we are considering stocking it as such but not as competition for our own B-10 which is made to USAAF specification.

Holly

We've stocked other brands since 1986 but only if we feel these product are of a high enough quality. Some of Pike Brothers pieces are very impressive.Their sweatshirt is amazing, the best we've seen since our old Slapshot sweats, and their Jeans are a very good example of vintage styling and sell at the right price bridging the gap between Levi Vintage and Freddies of Pinewood. As for their Deck Jacket to quote Will "Is indistinguishable from the original in our vintage collection", that's why we are stocking these items.Their B-10 is vastly over-engineered, too thick, too heavy for USSAF repro buyers but nevertheless it's a superb foul weather jacket (heavier than a B-15) and we are considering stocking it as such but not as competition for our own B-10 which is made to USAAF specification.Holly
Still waiting on those sweat numbers! :)

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Partnership Aero with Pike Brothers

Hello,
In my last purpose, i would not by nasty with anybody, i was just wondering why Aero is selling PB products...
So, i bought the "new" B10 made by PB and it is a very nice jacket.
(Sorry for the pics, my camera is on repair so i will put some pictures later... (you ca go to PB website or blog)).
The shell is Olive Drab, the lining is thick with a dense Alpaca wool.The collar is very nice with a rusty tone.
But it's quite heavy, close to my 1986 GREENBRIER N-3B parka and heavier than a ELC B10.
But for winter, it is certainly very warm (i will wait Décember here in Paris to confirm).
About the sizing, it is generous. My regular size for winter jacket is 40 or M ( that's depends) and here i choose a S size. PB give the dimensions of their jacket which is very practical.
So, if Aero will propose this jacket, it will be a good idea (for those who wants a nice repro without B10 WW2 strict criteria).
Fab

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Hi Fab, we added the B-10 to our website for sale today. As I explained, we're selling it as a jacket to wear in bad weather, as you've explained it's very warm, rather than an accurate reproduction B-10, for this we are still selling our own B-10. Glad you agree and are happy with your jacket :)

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Hello Cloudylemonade,
I have seen the PK B10 on the Aero website and i am totally agree with the description.
I wish you a great success with this jacket.
Fab

Edward

Bartender
Actually a great idea offering the two; I agree there is definitely a market for both. I'd be a little bit tempted by the over-engineering of the Pike myself... It' a shame they don't produce a B15. I remember when Aero sold off the last of their own B15s at a low price a few years ago - I decided not to go for one as at the time a B10 was what I really wanted. Course, now it's the B15 I'm a sucker for..... gah.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda