Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peak lapel height in the 30s-40s

Joatrash FX

New in Town
Hello all!

So, I've been looking at getting a new overcoat in a traditional 30s-40s style. I'm mainly looking at traditional double-breasted "American" styles with peak lapels that are cut somewhat straight. We've got a good specialty vintage store for men's clothes from the 20s-60s here in Stockholm that has a few options but I've also been looking at possibly either having a new one made or maybe finding a "close enough" modern copy. I've come across a few options, even ones that have a good waist in them, but most of them are completely off when it comes to the height, width and angle of the lapels.

Here's a question for the experts out there: Would the lapels on an overcoat of that area ever go as high as in the attached image?

I've looked at a lot of images, both real and from films and while there seems to have been a lot of suit jackets that go as high, I haven't found any clear images of double-breasted overcoats that do- they all seem to end 1"-2" lower on the chest.

What say you?

Cheers
//Joe

Attachments

• lapels.png
    lapels.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 496

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou