Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peterman Sale

filfoster

One Too Many
This may belong in a different forum, so moderators, do your stuff, and I am not shilling for this vendor. Anyone check out some of their offerings like the double breasted herringbone tweed blazer and the San Fancisco blazers? These look very '30's and are priced right. I have the db tweed one in hand and it's nicely made, working cuff buttons and a nice heavier weight tweed fabric. It is fully lined. The pockets are a bear to open at the correct seam but they are there.

Last edited:

filfoster

One Too Many
I would emphasize I am only commenting on the appeal of certain current catalogue items which have a Golden Age look and are well made. The sale provides enough discount for most of us-I have no knowledge at all of the 'coupons ' that may be on the web, bogus or otherwise.

I would also note that the discounts are not constant: I got the db tweed blazer for less than $200 when it was first offered as part of the Christmas sale. It has since become less of a bargain but still well under the original catalogue price.

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have always liked the cut & durability of the clothes. And when they do have a sale they do not muck about, often the items are offered at a significant discount.

filfoster

One Too Many
Just now received the San Francisco blazer in the 'black'. It really looks charcoal because of the variegated thread used in the twill weave, which gives it a nice, vintage look. Honestly, as much as the lack of photos annoys me, the picture drawing does it justice. The notch lapels are 3 7/8"; the cuffs do have working button holes for the 4 buttons.
I wish the jacket had a full lining and some shoulder padding but it does not. That does, however, facilitate easy wearing of a sweater underneath. This is a decent weight that could be worn year round. I think it convincingly looks very '30's. I can imagine Henry Fonda wearing this in Grapes of Wrath.

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
Filfoster, can you post photos of your jacket?
Peterman seems to have classic styled items but I won't buy based on illustrations!
2646-GRYNAV.jpg
MBL3398.jpg

MOW3334-RED.jpg

rue

You've never bought their things Feraud?

Everything I've ever gotten from that company has been perfect and the illustrations are pretty darn close to the real thing. You should give it a try :)

Edited..... Oops... sorry about posting here, but I'm a huge fan :eek:

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
You've never bought their things Feraud?

Everything I've ever gotten from that company has been perfect and the illustrations are pretty darn close to the real thing. You should give it a try :)

Edited..... Oops... sorry about posting here, but I'm a huge fan :eek:
I've never purchased anything from the company..but I do love John O'Hurley's character from Seinfeld!

Don't apologize for posting here. You are allowed. :)

filfoster

One Too Many
Filfoster, can you post photos of your jacket?
Peterman seems to have classic styled items but I won't buy based on illustrations!
2646-GRYNAV.jpg
MBL3398.jpg

MOW3334-RED.jpg

Feraud: I apologize but I am like a fireman that will arrive after the fire. I can get pix by my daughters when they are home during the holidays but too late for this sale. I will do it anyway. The db blazer and the San Francisco blazer do look like their ink and wash drawings.

Last edited:

rue

I've never purchased anything from the company..but I do love John O'Hurley's character from Seinfeld!

Don't apologize for posting here. You are allowed. :)

Thank you :) You never know sometimes....

Me too! I was shocked to find out what J Peterman really looked like.

Seriously though, try something and if you don't like it, just return it. I'll bet you won't want to though ;)

filfoster

One Too Many
Thank you :) You never know sometimes....

Me too! I was shocked to find out what J Peterman really looked like.

Seriously though, try something and if you don't like it, just return it. I'll bet you won't want to though ;)

I made the leap of faith (faith in the drawings) this past Spring when I bought some wonderful '30's look blazers, a herringbone tweed and a navy chalkstripe, both with nice 3 button tailoring, double vents and 4" lapels. I was very pleasantly surprised. That is what gave me the experience to jump on these items when they went on sale now. I thought I would have to wait until next Spring to get these at affordable prices. And, I feared they would be gone in my size, 42. They run long.

PS I see Mr. Matt Deckard has posted a photo of the tweed jacket I bought this past Spring here: http://factualromance.com/men/jackets/18/

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Feraud: I apologize but I am like a fireman that will arrive after the fire. I can get pix by my daughters when they are home during the holidays but too late for this sale. I will do it anyway. The db blazer and the San Francisco blazer do look like their ink and wash drawings.

Someone on one of the blogs (Will?) was lamenting the fact you could not buy a DB blazer/sportscoat in tweed these days off the rack. I admit I have never seen one in my travels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran