Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenix Hat Company

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Dualist? First I've heard of this but I'll take one in a nice 4.5 in. straight up all around Optimo paja crown for comfort and a 3 in. felt brim - at least - for shade and durability. Dri-lex sweat would be really cool.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Excellent to hear from you as well Brent. As my first online customer and with the volume of hats we collaborated on over the years , you helped me learn the craft along the way. The challenges you threw my way definitely made me a better hat maker. I'll always be grateful to you and all the good folks here for the support I received and the comradery I've enjoyed over the years. Coming back to this forum is a lot like coming home again.

I'm still dabbling with jewelry making and silversmithing and have progressed from rings and bracelets to bolo ties and belt buckles.

Never a dull minute in the Walker casa. View attachment 615020 View attachment 615021 View attachment 615022 View attachment 615023 View attachment 615025
Good grief, I can hear the snakes rattling from here!

humanshoes

One Too Many
Hey Rick! Where have you been?! Long time no see buddy! It's really good to hear from you! If you're getting the itch again, but want to avoid getting bogged down doing custom builds, why not just make your own hat creations in different sizes and sell those? Work at your own pace. Create your own special hats. No rush. No burnout. There'd be no lack of people wanting to buy them. Buddy, we need to catch up, and don't be a stranger! Love that straw dualist, BTW.
Hey Terry. Good to hear from you bud. I hope you and yours are all doing well. I pretty much scratched that itch with the new hat. A ready to wear line of hats would definitely be the way to go, with only the occasional custom thrown into the mix. I'm still plugging away at my full time job, though, so for now I prefer to jump around in my free time and do whatever grabs me in the moment. Let's catch up sometime soon. Be well.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Dualist? First I've heard of this but I'll take one in a nice 4.5 in. straight up all around Optimo paja crown for comfort and a 3 in. felt brim - at least - for shade and durability. Dri-lex sweat would be really cool.
Sounds like a cool combination CRH. I'm not sure who out there still makes them for sale.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Hola, Rick! I was thinking of you yesterday! I was thinking of posting the hats you made for me in the "Custom Hats and Hat Makers" site that Brent started on Facebook. Look it up, it's great!
I suppose you no longer use the Conformateur I sent you?

humanshoes

One Too Many
Hola, Rick! I was thinking of you yesterday! I was thinking of posting the hats you made for me in the "Custom Hats and Hat Makers" site that Brent started on Facebook. Look it up, it's great!
I suppose you no longer use the Conformateur I sent you?
Hola Max. It's great to hear from you. I'll definitely check out Brent's Facebook page. Funny you should mention the conformateur. I spent months repairing and restoring it to it's original glory and I recently used it to measure a beautiful, hat-loving woman from Atlanta. It's one of my most cherished hatter's tools. Thanks again for making it available to me!

Attachments

• Conformateur.jpg
    Conformateur.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 14

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Hey Terry. Good to hear from you bud. I hope you and yours are all doing well. I pretty much scratched that itch with the new hat. A ready to wear line of hats would definitely be the way to go, with only the occasional custom thrown into the mix. I'm still plugging away at my full time job, though, so for now I prefer to jump around in my free time and do whatever grabs me in the moment. Let's catch up sometime soon. Be well.
It's good to see you back here, buddy. I think that ready to wear line, with an occasional custom would be the way to go, for sure, and not failing to mention the hat tools you make. The rounding Jack you made for me is still going strong! It hasn't failed me yet! That's one quality piece of equipment.

We'll definitely catch up!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Hola Max. It's great to hear from you. I'll definitely check out Brent's Facebook page. Funny you should mention the conformateur. I spent months repairing and restoring it to it's original glory and I recently used it to measure a beautiful, hat-loving woman from Atlanta. It's one of my most cherished hatter's tools. Thanks again for making it available to me!
De nada, Rick! I am so glad I sent it to you, instead of keeping it on a shelf!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Oh! And, humanshoes, I forgot to say I think you are a great human being.

Last edited:

humanshoes

One Too Many
I don't think I deserve it, Rick. You help a lot of people who desperately need you all the time.
I only help some patients who cannot afford dental care very occasionally.
Mis respetos para ti.
Not to get too philosophical Max, but life's interconnectivity never ceases to amaze me. For instance, you help people have the ability to smile and, if I'm lucky, I help people regain the desire to. The payoff and the power are in the smile and the methods are two sides of the same coin. Siéntete bien, amigo mío.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace