Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of hatters tools

RJR

These just arrived late last week.

View attachment 60746

24 blocks! Two Styles with 12 sizes each from 6 5/8 to 8
Both sets are straight sided, the dome part varies a bit. One blocks at 6 inches and the other at 5 3/4 inches.
These are obviously new blocks, I ordered them from JW Hats.

Letting the acclimate to my house a week before I start taking measurements for my log book.
I know what I will be doing for my Thanksgiving Holiday!!! :)
Nice acquisitions,congratulations.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
flangeStand.jpg

This new flange stand just shipped today from Mark Decou. Should be here next week! :)

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Looking for an old rounding jack and/or brass foot tolliker
Are you set on getting vintage tools or is modern ok?
I was lucky to get a brass foot tolliker several months back on eBay, you probably won't find a modern one in brass.
If modern tools are okay then you should try Mark Decou (look up on Etsy Decou Studio); his tools will all be wood and he has both rounding jack and foot tolliker.
Our very own @humanshoes makes rounding jacks as well, you could private message him about them.
JW Hats also sells a rounding jack, you'll have to call him (number is on his website)

As a side note, Grant of Optimo Hatworks has the only all metal rounding jack that I have ever seen that dates back to 1896 or so. Pretty cool and extremely rare.

EDIT: Vintage Rounding Jack on eBay now. Not sure I would use or get this one but if you are looking for vintage here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Hat...542539?hash=item211b930c4b:g:JMQAAOSw44BYPyj6

Edit: Vintage Wooden Foot Tolliker: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Hatters-Tool-Foot-Tollicker/142196552426?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=38530&meid=7659fea21f8b485daaf84b4dc8eea0f3&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=142196556927

Edit: Vintage Curved Brim Iron. I think you could break the brim with this as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Hat...556927?hash=item211b93447f:g:qMIAAOSwHMJYPyzd

Last edited:

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Sharon, I am so sorry.
Though I never had a conversation with him digitally or in person, I thoroughly enjoyed all of the information and insight he provided when he posted here. What little I know of him from reading his posts showed that he was very knowledgeable, yet humble. He will be sorely missed.
I am sure all members of the forum will doff their hats out of respect for his memory.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Sharon, please accept my deepest condolences on your loss. I only knew Oliver as Hatter4. A person who was always willing to share his knowledge with me and who was a strong influence on my own journey into the hat making craft. He was generous, kind, and more than patient with my many questions and I always felt the world was a better place with him in it. He will be missed greatly and remembered fondly.

Chu cho

New in Town
Thanks for all the help... You've all been very helpful. I'm also very sorry to hear the news and my deepest condolences.
Does anyone have a brim shackle they're willing to part with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21