Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piano Music

rachw182

New in Town
I just bought this amazing piano book! 51 Songs of WWII

This book is full of popular songs from the 40s. It has a difficulty rating of 5 on a scale 1-6, which is pretty accurate.

There is another version with just the right hand, so if you were trying to learn piano I guess this would be a fun book for you.

So, does anybody have any other music that they couldn't live without?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I was just thinking about starting a sheet-music thread -- great post!

I have a lot of original sheet music of various twenties and thirties tunes -- much of it arranged for piano and ukulele, in very easy arrangements. If you're musically inclined it's a great way to pick up on some of the great popular music of the Golden Era, and you can usually find it cheap in any good used bookstore. The graphics on the covers are also often very impressive.

My favorite bit of music, though, is a childhood relic -- a battered copy of "The Hums Of Pooh," songs from the original works of A. A. Milne, with E. H. Shepherd illustrations. If I'd ever had a kid, I'd have taught her to sing from this book.

Flivver

Practically Family
I never learned to play the piano, but I do collect sheet music from the 1920s...mainly for the cover graphics, but also to learn additional verses of favorite songs.

Most phonograph records have one or two verses of a popular tune, but the song may have had as many as four verses. Great fun, and so inexpensive. At flea markets around here, it's easy to find sheet music in the 50 cent to $1 range. There seems to be an almost endless supply of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy