Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pick me up...

GOK

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
oh...I am actually quite familiar with the area, having grown up not that far from there.

Well that's a good start then!

But I have already gone and gotten a library card, as they have wireless internet there! So am checking out lots of new reading material, and I should really start going on walks soon, as this neighbourhood is safe enough. (my old one really wasn't!)

Gosh I haven't been to the library in an eternity...ok maybe three or four years.

Glad your new neighbourhood is safe - it makes all the difference. I wish you every happiness in your new home. I ought to send you some Ribena over as a housewarming present! :D

GOK

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
oooh

I actually saw some in a shop near my mums, but alas...it was 9 dollars for the not super large bottle.

:eek: :eek: :eek: My goodness, that is expensive. It's about $6 over here for the really large one.

I might have to splurge on some soon though.....I really like it made with hot water when its cold out.

Do it! I have hot Ribena every morning...and sometimes in the evening too. I swear it keeps colds at bay. :)

Classydame

One of the Regulars
One of my favorite things is to get a cup of Earl Grey with a little cream and put "Pride and Prejudice" in...I don't know why but I love that movie and it has a good ending.

I get a little down around Christmas so today I decided to do some canning while listening to Christmas music. That just makes me smile, "Feliz Navidad" especially and "Go Tell it on the Mountain" by Mahalia Jackson.

Another is when I am feeling particularly down and lonely I put in some Janis Joplin, Black Crowes and even some Dean Martin and dance to it, of course with the door shut, but I usually feel better afterwards and I got some excercise.

Hope you feel better soon...:)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Despite my having decorated a bit for autumn today. (floral arrangements and nice candles)....I am feeling decidedly blah...so thought to wake this thread up, in case there are other great ideas lurking out here.

D...so blah she can't motivate herself to do anything but web browse randomly.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Yesterday, I was all kinds of sick. I didn't get out of bed (well, actually, I did. Quite often. Running for the bathroom. But that's TMI) and I just felt awful.
Today, I physically felt much better but mentally, I was still in the funk.
So, I got up early, washed some dishes, did some laundry and took a much needed shower.
It's amazing what a little maintenance work will do for your mood. :)

Also, one of my favorite things to do is browse online vintage and repro site, picking out things I'd like to have. Not actually buying anything. Just looking through all the pretties makes me feel better.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I like to pop some popcorn and watch a movie when I'm feeling blah. It's good and distracting!

When I'm stressed I like to bake. If it's during the middle of finals that I want to bake I just use cake or cookie mix instead of baking from scratch. I have a few cookies or cupcakes, but bring the rest to work the next day. That way I do something good, people thank me, then I feel good! And then there's no way for me to overindulge.

I also like to go window shopping. I'm pretty picky and frugal by nature, so unless I see something amazing I rarely buy stuff. It's always fun for me to look though.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
I'm feeling a little that way myself. *sigh*

Hot chocolate, well-buttered popcorn and a great book or movie are just the ticket when you have the tired-and-stressed blahs. However, that doesn't work so well with the I-haven't-done-a-thing-today-and-am-so-lazy blahs.

I find exercise to be helpful - nothing major, just enough to get your blood moving. Getting outside, even just to check the mail, works too.

Then make a to-do list with a few very manageable, bite-sized goals. Do the easy ones. Feel accomplished. Sit down with movie. ;)

Other ideas:

Clean up any clutter near you. Messiness is evil and sucks your energy.

Kill your Internet. If you have a firewall, use it to stop all Internet connections. If you mindlessly sit down and start clicking again, it won't work and you have to go in and turn it on. (This doesn't work so well when your to-do list involves computer work...)

Drink water. Preferably ice water. Sometimes you're thirsty and that's why you're drained of energy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go try to put some of these into practice. ("Wait! Just one more! One more mindless website! Honest!")

~*Red*~

Practically Family
blahs....I find that exercise as well usually does the trick for me. not that I ever *want* to do it, it's just that I feel so fabulous afterward. (I find that a good 2 mile walk does trick.)

But if I can't get motivated enough for that, then the only thing that works for me is to call someone I know will make me laugh. And the good hearty kind of laughs. Otherwise I end up vegging on the couch with a favorite movie, and pig out on something I shouldn't be.lol

Minerva

Familiar Face
Firing up a sewing machine and working on a project always cheers me up. Or baking cookies!

If I feel like involving other people, I claim the mood is due to bad feng shui and tell the husband we need to move all the furniture around. It annoys him to pieces, but I feel better afterwards. ;)

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
what works best for me is watching an old film (anything with jimmy stewart will do ...) while eating my favorit comfort foods...

Kita St Cyr

New in Town
I like to get all dolled up, and window shop at La Perla or some fancy lingerie shop. Then, go to the bar of a fancy hotel and order a sprite or sparkling water :) (or a glass of absinthe if I'm really bummed)

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Im so sorry to hear u were having a frumpy day :(

A good walk to the library is always good, I did that the other day with my dog and we both enjoyed it!

Good to hear that u can safely walk in your neighborhood now :) Thats always a great feeling!

Well, Im glad u are feeling better and hope the blues dont come back :D

Leila de la May

New in Town
There have been some great ideas, well done everyone!
Pride and prejudice (BBC) i just adore, but one which I have become very fond ever since it's release is

:D lol :D ENCHANTEDlol :D lol

I love it!!!!!!!!!
It's Happy, Colourful, Funny, Romantic, and reminds me of being a kid again.
Everything a great pick me up, happy movie should be is in here.
So get some popcorn have a great night in and don't worry if you suddenly get the urge to start singing and dancing like the rest of the cast, it's all part of the fun. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael