Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pin-up Name

GOK

One Too Many
griffer said:
Bella DeVille.

Wow, you gals have furniture in here? How comfortable, I'll be over on the chaise lounge...

Cheeky man! Mind you don't spill that absinthe on the upholstery! lol

:eek:fftopic: Did my email get through to you after all, Griff?

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
(QUOTE ITG)Ella Noir...in Spanish wouldn't that be like saying "black she"? I'd ask my husband but he isn't home right now. (QUOTE ITG)

Noir is closer to French, Negra would be Spanish, and yeah that's exactly what it would translate aslol It's cute, but I like the sounds of Bella DeVille a bit better. Although any of your choices will be lovely for you, have fun up on stage!:D

Faye Valentine

There's this name generator where you type in your real name and you get a cool 1930s/1940s name. I don't remember what the name generator was called. I've been searching for it for the past 40 minutes (cuz i'd like to go on it again too).

I remember I didn't like the outcome when I typed in my first name or last name so I used different parts of my whole name. I came up with Ophelia Tilly. It was pretty cool. There was even an avatar that came with it of a girl who looked like she worked for some kind of 1930s organized crime gang.

Hopefully I can find that name generator. I think it was on someone's myspace. haha

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I make up my own 30s/40s names. Fess Braithwaite (a playboy aviator-publisher), Helen Jeffereys and Skip Jamison (radio personalities), Raymond Hannett and Arline Shandling (writers), Hal Witty (an airline pilot), Vivian Sessions and Theresa Sledziski (spunky career girls), Ulysses Brentano (an architect), Steve Lorand (a Hungarian night club owner), Henry Weidenbach (a wealthy brewer), Bob Worsley and Ernie DuMars (musicians), Lyssa Rhodes (a high-class madam), Alice d'Accorsi Flynn (an Irish-Italian baroness), Count Karl Hausperger (a penniless Austrian nobleman working as a chauffeur), Sonny D'Aliberti (a music salesman), Marguerite Deyo (an aging actress), and Bunk Overturff (an engineer) are all characters in short stories I've written (and mostly not completed :eusa_doh: ).

TOTTIE

One of the Regulars
Fletch I love those names! Can you come up with a surname to go with Tottie (for a wealthy young lady)?

ITG

Call Me a Cab
CanadaDoll said:
(QUOTE ITG)Ella Noir...in Spanish wouldn't that be like saying "black she"? I'd ask my husband but he isn't home right now. (QUOTE ITG)

Noir is closer to French, Negra would be Spanish, and yeah that's exactly what it would translate aslol It's cute, but I like the sounds of Bella DeVille a bit better. Although any of your choices will be lovely for you, have fun up on stage!:D
Yeah, I realized that "noir" thing shortly after I posted but had already logged out and was getting ready for bed. too tired and lazy to go back and fix. (The hubby speaks both French and Spanish.)

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
ITG said:
Yeah, I realized that "noir" thing shortly after I posted but had already logged out and was getting ready for bed. too tired and lazy to go back and fix. (The hubby speaks both French and Spanish.)

It is really easy to get them confused, I do it alllllll the time, my Spanish Oral exam this term, I started speaking in Frenchlol

Tottie, if you don't mind my two cents on the surname, I'd imagine Radcliff, or Wetherington. They just kinda stick out for me when I think young and well off, that and Rockefeller:D

But I definitely agree with Tottie, Fletch, you have some pretty creative names going there!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
further cast of characters

Cliff Bradbury, private detective; Marjory Bain, Virginia Woodiman and Liesl Kayserling, love interests of Cliff; Clate Woodiman, Virginia's father; Osgood (Ozzie) Bain, Marjory's husband; Larry Sloan, industrial spy; Jimmy Randell (born Randazzo), society bandleader; Kieran O'Donovan (male) and Alexis Seiberling (female), illustrators; Mary Ann Nightingale, home economist; Irving Metz and Joe "Tank" Tancredo, musicians; Gisele Pearce, executive secretary; Erwin Kreuz (say Crites), professor; Thelma Kreuz, his daughter; Paul Makarios, diner proprietor; Juliet Kirsch, college student; and Greville Chalk, Fess Braithwaite's right-hand man.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
CanadaDoll said:
It is really easy to get them confused, I do it alllllll the time, my Spanish Oral exam this term, I started speaking in Frenchlol
Yeah, when I try to come up with Spanish words, my brain recalls the German word instead. The funny thing is I teach an exploratory foreign language class where we skim over 6 languages, so it's easy to get some words mixed up.

TOTTIE

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:
...Tottie Willoughby? ....
Hey, that is really weird -- that was my actual family's surname in the 1930s (they had if hyphenated with something else, and they all changed it later on) -- and that is the family I've so far portrayed. Well, perhaps I should stick with that then!

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
LaydiRaevin said:
Hello everyone! I'm going to be doing some pin-up modeling and I may be joining a burlesque show. I'm having trouble thinking of a name for myself. Help!!!

:(
What about "Schatz"(sweetheart in german)!!?:)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Well, there you go then! :D

As a Willoughby, did you perhaps notice Weidenbach in my first list of names? It's German for Willoughby (willow brook, literally). I got it from an aide to Gen. MacArthur who was born Weidenbach and changed to Willoughby.
Gen. Willoughby was also my physical model for Fess Braithwaite, whom I made a Navy pilot.

85-236-AVt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy