Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help Cindy (LuvMyMan) and Daniel.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Any updates? All this has been weighing on my heart and mind as of late, and I hope there is some good news.

Hello. I have been so very busy with the situation here, Daniel has been in the Hospital and although things are very serious, he is still hanging in there for now. I will post later if I can, my time is very limited as I have Daniel on one hospital and his Mom in another, so it is hard for me right now.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello. I have been so very busy with the situation here, Daniel has been in the Hospital and although things are very serious, he is still hanging in there for now. I will post later if I can, my time is very limited as I have Daniel on one hospital and his Mom in another, so it is hard for me right now.
Thank you for letting us know. Please remember that Daniel, you, and all your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thank you for letting us know. Please remember that Daniel, you, and all your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so dearly. It is very hard for me to express how all the wonderful love and real friendship has been from everyone here on the Lounge for me and for Daniel has meant to us. I am overwhelmed with the goodness of it all.

I was given a referal to a Oncologist that deals with Cancer in the eye that is at the U. of M. in Ann Arbor, so we took Daniel there for that one issue, and then also have been able to get additional medical treatments for his other problems. Sadly, in the middle of a medical treatment of having a radioactive pellet placed behind Daniel's eye in an attempt to get rid of tumor there, Daniel had a heart attack. He has been in the Hospital since then and recovering thankfully from the heart attack but the cancer is spreading to such an extent, there is not anything positive to gain now for trying to save his eye. Both Daniel and I accept that the way things are heading, to just go from day to day is all we can do now.

I lost my Mom and had her in a Hospice setting at a rehabilitation facility and it was a brutal experience to witness. I just did not desire to put Daniel in that sort of a setting so a few have suggested that for his care to be having hospice here at home. That was not an attractive option given the circumstances at first, but I think it is what will have to take place very soon. Nature is going to take it's course in what happens as much as I would wish it to be different. Daniel is worn to the bone and has become so weak it is a lot for him to keep going on much longer. For some time now, it has been take one good step of progress forward and then have to see him go back a few steps and get worse each time this happens. All of the Doctor's have told me with the best interest of heart, that a human can only endure so much that it eventually gets to the point it is at, no matter what medically could be tried, the human body gives in. So I have spent my time with Daniel as much as I can, and in a day or so I will have to make the choice of what to do next as they are allowing me to pray and think of what we want and for Daniel, all he wants is for me to be there with him.

It is so kind that I have had support from friends and family, even business associates have all extended so much love to both Daniel and I. It has made a very big difference to us both, and brings some comfort regardless of sad it all is. And for everything else as to our elderly family members we have cared for, in some ways we have felt it was a blessing to be able to take care of them for the past years and to have them here right up to the last. It is at a point I have no means to control what comes next, but I continue to love and give me entire heart and soul to Daniel as much as other family. I'll not give up, but have to accept what tomorrow will bring. And that is what Daniel is doing already. When the day comes I have to say "so long" to him, I know a part of his heart and soul will be here with me that will not ever change or go away. As life comes along for me in time, when I also pass, I will walk with him along the way in Heaven and continue with this great love and goodness we have always had with each other.

A great beauty is the here and now, and how wonderful and fantastic our time has been within our life and in sharing so much of that with all the friends and "family" right here on the Lounge. I'll be here for the both of us, and thankfully relish the way it has been and will be. It is just amazing how the Lounge has been such a large part of our life and we treasure it dearly. Daniel and I express so much love for all of you. Thank you all so very very much.

Bill Hughes

S
Thank you so dearly. It is very hard for me to express how all the wonderful love and real friendship has been from everyone here on the Lounge for me and for Daniel has meant to us. I am overwhelmed with the goodness of it all.

I was given a referal to a Oncologist that deals with Cancer in the eye that is at the U. of M. in Ann Arbor, so we took Daniel there for that one issue, and then also have been able to get additional medical treatments for his other problems. Sadly, in the middle of a medical treatment of having a radioactive pellet placed behind Daniel's eye in an attempt to get rid of tumor there, Daniel had a heart attack. He has been in the Hospital since then and recovering thankfully from the heart attack but the cancer is spreading to such an extent, there is not anything positive to gain now for trying to save his eye. Both Daniel and I accept that the way things are heading, to just go from day to day is all we can do now.

I lost my Mom and had her in a Hospice setting at a rehabilitation facility and it was a brutal experience to witness. I just did not desire to put Daniel in that sort of a setting so a few have suggested that for his care to be having hospice here at home. That was not an attractive option given the circumstances at first, but I think it is what will have to take place very soon. Nature is going to take it's course in what happens as much as I would wish it to be different. Daniel is worn to the bone and has become so weak it is a lot for him to keep going on much longer. For some time now, it has been take one good step of progress forward and then have to see him go back a few steps and get worse each time this happens. All of the Doctor's have told me with the best interest of heart, that a human can only endure so much that it eventually gets to the point it is at, no matter what medically could be tried, the human body gives in. So I have spent my time with Daniel as much as I can, and in a day or so I will have to make the choice of what to do next as they are allowing me to pray and think of what we want and for Daniel, all he wants is for me to be there with him.

It is so kind that I have had support from friends and family, even business associates have all extended so much love to both Daniel and I. It has made a very big difference to us both, and brings some comfort regardless of sad it all is. And for everything else as to our elderly family members we have cared for, in some ways we have felt it was a blessing to be able to take care of them for the past years and to have them here right up to the last. It is at a point I have no means to control what comes next, but I continue to love and give me entire heart and soul to Daniel as much as other family. I'll not give up, but have to accept what tomorrow will bring. And that is what Daniel is doing already. When the day comes I have to say "so long" to him, I know a part of his heart and soul will be here with me that will not ever change or go away. As life comes along for me in time, when I also pass, I will walk with him along the way in Heaven and continue with this great love and goodness we have always had with each other.

A great beauty is the here and now, and how wonderful and fantastic our time has been within our life and in sharing so much of that with all the friends and "family" right here on the Lounge. I'll be here for the both of us, and thankfully relish the way it has been and will be. It is just amazing how the Lounge has been such a large part of our life and we treasure it dearly. Daniel and I express so much love for all of you. Thank you all so very very much.
Speechless. My wife and I ache for you.

Big Man

I have been down the same road you are traveling, and had to make some of the same very difficult decisions. My heart goes out to both of you.

The only "good thing" that comes from all this is a special "closeness" that is shared. It is something that cannot be described, but is understood by those who have been there. And while it will come later, there is a great feeling of peace in knowing you did all you could do to help someone else.

God bless you both, and remember there are many people who are praying for you.

God be with you all.

RJR

I have been down the same road you are traveling, and had to make some of the same very difficult decisions. My heart goes out to both of you.

The only "good thing" that comes from all this is a special "closeness" that is shared. It is something that cannot be described, but is understood by those who have been there. And while it will come later, there is a great feeling of peace in knowing you did all you could do to help someone else.

We have walked the same path,Cindy,its never easy.Prayers.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Thank you. I sure do feel your love as does Daniel. Blessing for us to know you and the same for all the wonderful Loungers.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
We have walked the same path,Cindy,its never easy.Prayers.
I can sure tell you, all of you have made such a very great difference. I cannot even begin to imagine anyone NOT having a group of friends and family to help like I do here! Daniel and I are so lucky and feel honored.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
This Friday, the 15th was super hard. Daniel was just barely able to speak. He wanted me to make him a real meal, some steak and a large tossed salad, after dinner he asked for help to get a shower, so our Hospice people helped in that. Then about 8:30 pm he asked for a large mirror to be moved off the back of the door and be propped up against the dresser and a chair so he could see himself laying in bed, asked me to dress him all up in a suit and asked me to put on a dress he gave me a while back that he really liked and then told me he wanted to be able to see me up close next to him for me to lay down so he could place his arm around my side.

Daniel refused to take any pain medications as he did not want his mind to be affected by the meds so he could have more of his awareness. He told me my being up next to him reminded him of the last time we danced together and was so thankful for all we shared and loved here on this earth in this life, he passed away at 4:04 am on the 16th. I was awake the entire time and he just smiled and touched his hand on the side of my face and let out a breath of air and it was over.

When I can handle it, I will like to write a tribute to Daniel's life, his story, history.

i thank all the loungers along the way that have been real friends. Daniel and I have loved you all so very much.

Bless us all,
Cindy

Big Man

This Friday, the 15th was super hard. Daniel was just barely able to speak. He wanted me to make him a real meal, some steak and a large tossed salad, after dinner he asked for help to get a shower, so our Hospice people helped in that. Then about 8:30 pm he asked for a large mirror to be moved off the back of the door and be propped up against the dresser and a chair so he could see himself laying in bed, asked me to dress him all up in a suit and asked me to put on a dress he gave me a while back that he really liked and then told me he wanted to be able to see me up close next to him for me to lay down so he could place his arm around my side.

Daniel refused to take any pain medications as he did not want his mind to be affected by the meds so he could have more of his awareness. He told me my being up next to him reminded him of the last time we danced together and was so thankful for all we shared and loved here on this earth in this life, he passed away at 4:04 am on the 16th. I was awake the entire time and he just smiled and touched his hand on the side of my face and let out a breath of air and it was over.

When I can handle it, I will like to write a tribute to Daniel's life, his story, history.

i thank all the loungers along the way that have been real friends. Daniel and I have loved you all so very much.

Bless us all,
Cindy
My most sincere condolences. The journey journey you two have been on for the past while has touched my heart, and I'm sure the hearts of others. While I am profoundly sorry to hear of Daniel's passing, I am glad it could come with some measure of peace and ease.

Please know you will be remembered in my prayers. God bless you and comfort you.

I'm so sorry, Cindy. I know you love Daniel very much. Rest assured, those were not your last moments together.

Bless you.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
My goodness, Miss Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear that news. It's obvious you did all you could to take care of him; don't forget to take care of yourself right now, even though it may be hard to take the time to think of such things. We are all praying for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner