Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
It's just another Stagecoach.
turkeyblack01.jpg

turkeyblack02.jpg

turkeyblack03.jpg

turkeyblack04.jpg

turkeyblack05.jpg

turkeyblack06.jpg

Head shot
20160530b.jpg

And comparing a black and a cordova (brown)
turkeyblack07.jpg

turkeyblack08.jpg

Sweet Stagecoach, Joao. It looks great in black! I like the ribbon and brim binding on those. I am still searching for "the right one" for me.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Sweet Stagecoach, Joao. It looks great in black! I like the ribbon and brim binding on those. I am still searching for "the right one" for me.
If you remember, David found one but I think he never returned there and this one showed up in a size I can wear.
Didn't know that the ribbon was black but it is. It looks really nice ;)

That blue color is to DIE for! looks so perfect and even more so with you wearing it and then the shirt as well. All of you hats are just gems. Sadly you hat size is not going to work for anyone in my household. If that hat would fit a 7 1/2 I'd attempt to purchase it from you. You can tell that blue is a one of a kind color as no the same as other blue hats we see around at all. It appears to be almost a dark royal blue instead of the duller navy blue you see on most hat bodies.
Thanks! Unfortunately this is the only one in blue. It has Chamois like finish so not something you would see in an American hat of this style. Also a more jaunty form.

Here is a little project Garrett and I have been working on. This is an English Thoresco Velour that has a full overhaul and is paired with some awesome NOS Agrippa hat clips.
We've been waiting on the clips for a while now, but like the few hats Steve has, I think it makes a cool unique look.

The clip installed

Garrett tweaking the crease here in the shop

and the clips. Our box was short a few, but I can't see getting many requests for them.

I would guess that they a tin or mix alloy as they do not have that distinctive aluminum taste. Yes I did lick one to find out. :)
It was a fun day of super hat geeking in out and I just had to share.

On a side note, does anyone remember the name of the english hat thread? I was going to put this in there, but I could come up with that name.

Bob
Bob, I happened to see this 1920's booking photo of two wise guys & it would appear they must have used hat clips also.

dlhstg.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks! Unfortunately this is the only one in blue. It has Chamois like finish so not something you would see in an American hat of this style. Also a more jaunty form.

Yes I can tell, you have some super nice looking hats (as always) Ha! I do not think anyone could duplicate some of the colors in those hats of yours at all. Penman is the only hatter with a super blue color.

Most folks who know me any kind of at all around here know I'm a pretty steadfast up turned stingy brim kinda guy.....but I do have a soft spot for the vintage westerns. Especially straws. And especially ones with that low squared crown, a la Leon Rhodes. So I was pretty pleased to get home from work and find this, just in time for summer.....
3a4d2c578e7b8df93fab23135b72e31b.jpg

1681516e69ae3ec94c5c4861ab9e4f1a.jpg

dbe15b4e69a7afd6414a0d830de13f6c.jpg

01dc2fa969f9be76c331c084a825c2b3.jpg

b5980eed8be5b2bbbb85bafcf9e1c5c3.jpg

It's a little lumpy, but appears to be unused. It also has a massive 4" brim. Joao would be proud. Can't wait to lay a little steam to it and smooth out the bumps and give that massive brim a nice taco roll. I believe I'll be able to get the sides up higher than the crown. Just like ol' Leon.
5eadf5dc76ae7580b11f94ec001f2509.jpg

Leon and Buddy Charleton there were members of Ernest Tubb's Texas Troubadors, in case any of you were in the dark on that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
It's a little lumpy, but appears to be unused. It also has a massive 4" brim. Joao would be proud. Can't wait to lay a little steam to it and smooth out the bumps and give that massive brim a nice taco roll. I believe I'll be able to get the sides up higher than the crown. Just like ol' Leon.
;)

But I have to say a no on the taco roll... waste of brim.

Most folks who know me any kind of at all around here know I'm a pretty steadfast up turned stingy brim kinda guy.....but I do have a soft spot for the vintage westerns. Especially straws. And especially ones with that low squared crown, a la Leon Rhodes. So I was pretty pleased to get home from work and find this, just in time for summer.....
3a4d2c578e7b8df93fab23135b72e31b.jpg

1681516e69ae3ec94c5c4861ab9e4f1a.jpg

dbe15b4e69a7afd6414a0d830de13f6c.jpg

01dc2fa969f9be76c331c084a825c2b3.jpg

b5980eed8be5b2bbbb85bafcf9e1c5c3.jpg

5eadf5dc76ae7580b11f94ec001f2509.jpg

Leon and Buddy Charleton there were members of Ernest Tubb's Texas Troubadors, in case any of you were in the dark on that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
West Texas ropers & nowadays bow hunters wear a similar style. It's all about clearance when that rope or bow string goes zinging past your head!

zixdep.jpg

Sweet find Dale! Can't wait to see it on your head.

Eliesti

A-List Customer
So I've got some traveling to do in the next few weeks, and decided I wanted a few more straws. I went over to Miller Hats here in Houston, and picked up a couple. Nothing to stop the presses, but enough to keep the sun off my head. The first one (because I wore it today):

View attachment 50811 View attachment 50812 View attachment 50813

I am in Houston as well. How do you rate the quality of Miller Hats? Since I'm on the South/Southwest side of the city, it's quite a drive, especially since I would have to take off work to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy