Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I am SO excited about this Knox Superfine homburg. I've been trying to grab one of these for years, or the Stetson "Supper Club" which I believe to be the equivalent competitor. The colors slay me like a beautiful woman, and make my knees weak. I love that you have to look closely and in specific lighting conditions to see the blue pop out of the midnight. It's pristine and fits my head perfectly. Here's the only good photo so far, but more will be coming.
Super nice. I have to ask, what size hat do you wear? Obvious reason for asking...haha!

Low light photos, but you get the idea. Even with a stretch I'm not sure this is going to work. I've already had more than $2.00 worth of fun with it though.

2611f2e81a62a07b1f8725f37cec5f68.jpg

794ace40698b3c1e24e9e44bf6dbe6cb.jpg

RBattersby

New in Town
Luck and Sons were bought by Battersby's well before 1900 because one of the travellers they took on from Luck's was a man called Tom Reed, father of Austin Reed, and Battersby's actually gave Austin Reed financial help to set up his business in 1900 (which went into receivership the other day sadly).
They paid £1000 for the order book and goodwill according to old papers I have.

RBattersby

New in Town
;) I wear 7 1/8. I have one or two 7s and one or two 7 1/4s as well.
Hat size is generally 7 3/8s. Spent 28 years as a cop in the UK so you can guess what styles of hat were my most commonly worn. Incidentally a piece of trivia for you, the head size of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the second is 6 3/8s. Battersby's made the lining for the crown!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21