• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Great study of this rare hat. I love that liner. Impressive find.

2. moehawk

moehawk My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thanks! One thing I really like about Etsy is that it doesn't get my blood pressure up like the last minutes of an auction do.

Zombie_61 and Michael R. like this.
  3. moehawk

Thanks Mike!

Redfokker likes this.
  4. Oh, yes it would!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Zombie_61 and Redfokker like this.
  5. Now that is a liner that deserves it's spot on lovely liners thread.
    Overall nice find.

6. moehawk

Thanks Joao!
    Great idea!
    Done.

7. 40Cal

40Cal One Too Many

I like everything about this one , Michael! When I saw the listing on Ebay I was so disappointed that it was a size too large for me.

8. Thanks Robert , that means a lot coming from you . I consider you the Knox man on FL . Your's and Anthony's are so beautiful I'd been looking for one . Its very nice .

9. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

It's new to my collection, but not a "new" hat. I was poking around in my long deceased Grandfather's old Dobbs boxes that my mother uses for decoration and was pleasantly surprised to have found a well fitting charcoal homburg I'd had forgotten hand been there! I've decided to start wearing it. It's in immaculate condition, practically like new save for a white stain on the front of the ribbon and the fact that the bash in the crown could use a reshaping to make it stay. The box is definitely worn, but at least its contents are fine. I've no idea the age, though I suspect '60s-ish. That estimate would match the age of my Grandfather's Dobbs stingy brim hat, which my cousin who is appropriately a jazz musician, owns.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Glad you found this family treasure! You wear it well...

11. This is truly a legacy hat. Wear it with pride. You are probably right about the era. It is pre-72 based on the Coachman Logo. Are there any tags under the sweat? Looks nice and supple still.

12. This one's a real beauty Michael! Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13. Thanks Dale !

14. Awesome! What I wouldn't give to have any of my granddads old hats....AND to have them fit!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15. Richard Morgan

Richard Morgan Practically Family

Steve1857, Zombie_61 and Michael R. like this.
  16. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Thanks! Yes it is. My grandfather kept his hat's in excellent condition, making them wearable generations later. It's really nice that my cousin and I are able to wear something that was worn by our grandfather. I posted all the images of the brands and logos that are in the hat. There's not even a size. I figured from trying on my cousin's hat that this one would fit me. I also have my Grandfather's service dress hat from when he was in the army. The sweatband on that one rotted away long ago.

17. steur

steur Call Me a Cab

This one was part of friday's haul, but not a Borsalino. Wouldn't know which Stetson thread to put this in, so here it is. Don't know why I bought this but it was unrecognizable when I found it. It looked like it had been run over by a truck, but I liked the colour. After brushing and steaming this came out. Royal Stetson made under license in Germany especially for Hut Zeumer. These licensed Stetson hats are not all that common. I have a few from England (different licensee) but this one is my first German one. Size 57 with an overwelt brim at 5,5cm and porkpie like crown at 10 cm. Backbow ribbon. The hat has Trachten influences like the back bow and the way it's shaped. Interesting piece, but not my style. Don't really know what to do with it.

stetson mandarin_02.jpg stetson mandarin_01.jpg stetson mandarin_03.jpg stetson mandarin_04.jpg stetson mandarin_05.jpg stetson mandarin_06.jpg stetson mandarin_07.jpg stetson mandarin_08.jpg stetson mandarin_09.jpg stetson mandarin_10.jpg

EinarsM, moehawk, Michael A and 5 others like this.
  18. Steve1857

Steve1857 One of the Regulars

Nice hat rescue, Stefan. I can see why you were drawn to the colour, cool. I'd keep the brim up and wear it as a pork pie. Love the back bow, too.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

19. Need a hand. I just picked up two nice hats. A 100% pure beaver Beaver brand and a Bailey Beaver "Fifty" . Want to post pics but tapatalk won't download to my machine. Been trying for a couple of days. Can you suggest an alternate way to get pics up here?

BobHufford likes this.
  20. Wow! What an interesting piece of Stetson history. Perfect back bow, late 1950s? Not my style (yet), but I love everything about this hat.