Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I gave myself a present.
37840_1.jpg
Welcome to the Fray! Very nice way to make a splash.

Fantastic looking hat, Mike. I guess you took some inspiration from the Cavanagh you sent to Matt. Wonderful how you managed to smuggle these little details, like the brim stitching, in and still keep it clean and classic looking. A triumph!
This one was a real collaboration with Mike Miller. He has always wanted to make a Bone Burg! He had it in his display case and it was a big hit. More will probably surface.

Ha! As if.

Nah, I've long considered myself to be one of those "parallel parked in a diagnonal universe" type of people.

Most days you'll see me in jeans, running shoes, some collarless shirt and a nice fedora. Is it a style? Yes. It's my style.

That's why you fit in so well here, sir! Kindred spirits, variously angle-parked in a parallel universe!!
And your style IS perfect; as the lady said, "fashion is something you purchase, but style is something you must posess," and you do!

:D I like it!! Maybe a little smaller, I'll have to look for a pin like this. I would definitely do this. Thanks.
I think I like it, too! Depending on the occasion, this could really work well. Vegas trip, anyone? Vegas Night fundraiser, etc, etc.
The funny thing is that I whipped that up for the joke, but when it was done I thought, "Y'know, that doesn't look half bad." The dice on the hat, that is, not my amateur Photoshop results.

The funny thing is that I whipped that up for the joke, but when it was done I thought, "Y'know, that doesn't look half bad." The dice on the hat, that is, not my amateur Photoshop results.
It got me thinking about commissioning something like this from my wife's jeweler. Or maybe something in ivory. More money out the window...thanks.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Do you like dice games? Is that correct English.
No Sir, not really; I'm not much of a gambler. But I do know the term "boxcars" is American/English slang for rolling two sixes (allegedly because they resemble two freight cars, or "box cars", of a train). So when Redfokker mentioned the ribbon on his hat is a "Boxcar style" my mind immediately put the two together. And yes, your English is very good!

It got me thinking about commissioning something like this from my wife's jeweler. Or maybe something in ivory. More money out the window...thanks.
Sorry about that Chief! Silly me, my first thought was to turn it into a project for myself--get a couple of those "lapel pin" backings and a pair of dice, cut the "six" faces off of the dice, glue the pin backings on, and call it done. :cool: Then it occurred to me that I couldn't possibly be the first person to think of this and a quick Google search turned up a couple of options, but they're clearly "jewelry" items that don't look like real dice, so...

I just can't pass up a cheap Resistol. I didn't have a green hat, so now I do.
7000316ce9ba4b23ba0d2b8fabbeb43f.jpg
199024ef21292a06d0f8e16515d8e328.jpg
91b7967dacdceb113df319fd7bab0b74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like the green. What do you have in store for this hat? I’m curious to see if you keep it substantially as it is it if you’re going to rework it into something quite different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred