Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RJR

I just can't pass up a cheap Resistol. I didn't have a green hat, so now I do.
7000316ce9ba4b23ba0d2b8fabbeb43f.jpg
199024ef21292a06d0f8e16515d8e328.jpg
91b7967dacdceb113df319fd7bab0b74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I like that color,nice catch.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the green. What do you have in store for this hat? I’m curious to see if you keep it substantially as it is it if you’re going to rework it into something quite different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will be reworked, just haven't figured out what direction to take it.

Took a chance on ebay. My first Vintage 50's era Hückel. This one worked out, very impressed at the rich black felt and overall good quality of this fedora.

View attachment 112311
View attachment 112312
View attachment 112313
Super! It's a Hückel Weilheim (Germany) and probably later 1950s. You can learn more about Hückel Weilheim and Hückel in general here.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/6-johann-hückel´s-söhne-hückel-hutfabrik-weilheim/

Also if you get a chance please post here.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/german-austrian-hutmachers.32103/page-333

Dutch Men

Familiar Face
No Sir, not really; I'm not much of a gambler. But I do know the term "boxcars" is American/English slang for rolling two sixes (allegedly because they resemble two freight cars, or "box cars", of a train). So when Redfokker mentioned the ribbon on his hat is a "Boxcar style" my mind immediately put the two together. And yes, your English is very good!

Sorry about that Chief! Silly me, my first thought was to turn it into a project for myself--get a couple of those "lapel pin" backings and a pair of dice, cut the "six" faces off of the dice, glue the pin backings on, and call it done. :cool: Then it occurred to me that I couldn't possibly be the first person to think of this and a quick Google search turned up a couple of options, but they're clearly "jewelry" items that don't look like real dice, so...
I thought to dices.

In the Netherlands play we the Game: Dobbelen at home. We do not for money/prices. Only for the fun.

Boxcars is a new term for me.

OldStrummer

Practically Family
It's here, and long oval is definitely the way I'm going from now on! This is going to be my first "project" hat, as the hat band is stained and warped a bit, and I find it a bit bland. It looks like it's hooked into the hat, which should make removing it easy.

I bought some supplies to attempt to make my own hat band, but it it doesn't work out (or I don't like the result), there seem to be plenty of hat bands on the market I can purchase for a pittance.
2018-03-30 13.16.28.jpg
2018-03-30 13.17.28.jpg
Knox2.jpg
Knox3.jpg
Knox6.jpg

It will be reworked, just haven't figured out what direction to take it.

I can’t wait to copy, I mean see what you do with it.

A western into a fedora is simple, but a “cowboy” hat into an interesting western hat is new territory for me. I’m already preparing to shamelessly copy your hat in the pot kettle curl technique.

I received an odd bird today. Through an exchange with @mmbarnes a nice black Stetson Vita Felt Homburg arrived. This is not an old vita felt, it is a 1960s version of the name that Stetson and Dupont came up with. More research is needed, but damn it is really cool for a later hat. Super smooth, light as a popcorn fart. Glued in liner and no mfg tags that I can find. More later after I get a chance to fondle it more.

30Mar18 Stetson Vita Felt front.jpg
30Mar18 Stetson Vita Felt side.jpg
30Mar18 Stetson Vita Felt smile.jpg
30Mar18 Stetson Vita Felt liner.jpg
30Mar18 Stetson Vita Felt sweat.jpg

I received an odd bird today. Through an exchange with @mmbarnes a nice black Stetson Vita Felt Homburg arrived. This is not an old vita felt, it is a 1960s version of the name that Stetson and Dupont came up with. More research is needed, but damn it is really cool for a later hat. Super smooth, light as a popcorn fart. Glued in liner and no mfg tags that I can find. More later after I get a chance to fondle it more.

View attachment 112462 View attachment 112464 View attachment 112466 View attachment 112467 View attachment 112468

That’s a good looking Homburg Mike! I’m interested to hear more about the “new” vita felt hat.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 112462 View attachment 112464 View attachment 112466 View attachment 112467 View attachment 112468
That hat looks great Mike. And even better, it looks really great on your head. Wear it in good health and great happiness.

Gotta love the "trade" where neither person knows that they are trading (and for what).
Heck of a hoot, my friend.

That looks good, Mike, and a great story to go with it.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

OldStrummer

Practically Family

Mike, you seem to be able to make any hat look good!

It's here, and long oval is definitely the way I'm going from now on! This is going to be my first "project" hat, as the hat band is stained and warped a bit, and I find it a bit bland. It looks like it's hooked into the hat, which should make removing it easy.

I bought some supplies to attempt to make my own hat band, but it it doesn't work out (or I don't like the result), there seem to be plenty of hat bands on the market I can purchase for a pittance.
View attachment 112382 View attachment 112383 View attachment 112384 View attachment 112385 View attachment 112386
It is a nice open weave Fred. How is the sweat? is there a logo in the crown (tip patch)? That pug might just clean up, and probably can be ironed. Or, a new pug of a more colorful flavor could be added. I dig this one.

Bailey 8X. New old stock:

d98c58da5454d3c9346bca915b6a2a55.jpg

a5697a1c103421886e33d243a0a29ddb.jpg

85c32feb6851170cef92fa7672c557cc.jpg

20df34ac1f56351a30885cc8e2b7b811.jpg

Funky liner unlike anything else that I have. The hat was what I was expecting which is a victory all on its own when buying on eBay. It was a two hat deal and I’ll post the second tomorrow. These photos are in my office parking lot at the end of a very long week. Even when work beats me up I find enjoyment in a new hat. Hat therapy? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou