Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
New Art Fawcett Jazzman

In Blue Smoke, with a Douglas style brim:

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Great Borso HighPockets-congrats! Plus I love your vintage style EYEGLASSES. Brand name and style name/number please...

High Pockets said:
:D Woo Hoo!:D Beggin' your pardon for my excitement,....but when I got home this morning I found a beautiful hat that Douglas was so kind enough to sell me, had arrived!
100_2463.jpg

High Pockets

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
Congrats, HP! You've got a right to be proud of that one.

Grosgrain relaxes when wetted. I would think a cooperative hatter would use that technique to bring a little more length into that ribbon after the reblock.

G'liuck!

Thank you very much Gene, I've enjoyed your great posts as well as fab photos since becoming a member.

I hope I found a "cooperative hatter" as you say,.....I called a hatter today, and was very satisfied with what they had to say. At this moment the hat is in a box awaiting a flight to Chicago for a week's stay at Optimo!:)

As near I can deduce from reading every thread I could find featuring Borsalino's, it's an early 50's model, and made of some the finest felt I've ever held.
I can't tell you how much I love this hat, as a matter of fact, before it's all said and done,....I will own several more old Borsalino's!

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
My Father's Day present from my kids,* ( GREAT kids!),* my first Fed IV in carbon gray.* I can see more of these in my future. The feather seems to keep down the number of Indiana Jones remarks.

hats2013.jpg

hats2015.jpg

hats2016.jpg

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Nice, nice hats coolmeister! I just got a christy's adventurer myself, love it. Also nice to see young gentlemen such as yourself getting into hats like these.:eusa_clap

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys.* Good kids are a man's second greatest treasure after a good wife.

Rlk,* what is hankachif felt ?

Continuing on with my catching up pics, a VS rust colored with 1/4 in rust brim ribbon and 1 1/2 in forrest green crown ribbon.* By the time I finished bashing it, I got a little reckless with the steam and lost a little height, it's 4 1/2 in at the peak.* 2 1/2* to 2 3/4 dimensional brim.* The rust is a nice color and I like the contrasting middle of the bow.

hats2018.jpg

hats2019.jpg

hats2017.jpg

Stern-Hank

New in Town
warmentrout said:
My Father's Day present from my kids,* ( GREAT kids!),* my first Fed IV in carbon gray.* I can see more of these in my future. The feather seems to keep down the number of Indiana Jones remarks.

hats2013.jpg

hats2015.jpg

hats2016.jpg

Nice looking hat, I would think the color alone would cut down on the number of Indiana Jones remarks. I'll post a picture soon of my "Modified" Bailey Maran and my Golden Gate St. Louis, it took my a year to find what I like to call "An Indiana Jones Hat in Tom Landry colors...they're tough to find. I get a lot of "professor" comments but so far no Indiana Jones comments...

cachett

New in Town
COMPRO CONFORMATEUR España

HOLA, QUERIDOS AMIGOS, TENGO UNA EMPRESA DEDICADO AL SOMBRERO Y NECESITO UN CONFORMADOR (Allie Maillard Hat Conformateur). SI ALGUIEN ME PUEDE AYUDAR?
ESTOS SON MIS DATOS info@cachett.com

www.cachett.com

mi nombre es Manuel.
gracias y espero vuestras respuestas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou