Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Lexybeast said:
609455255_nxtRp-M.jpg

That's amazing! I love that felt color accented with the black ribbon. The bound edge adds a great touch too! :eusa_clap

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
"New" Stetson Whippet

I got my early 1950's Whippet from the 'Bay just a few days ago. I apologize for the less than suitable pictures, but they will have to do for now. It will definitely be in my regular rotation once fall hits.

Whippet1.jpg

Whippet2.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
ScionPI2005 said:
I got my early 1950's Whippet from the 'Bay just a few days ago. I apologize for the less than suitable pictures, but they will have to do for now. It will definitely be in my regular rotation once fall hits.

Whippet1.jpg

Whippet2.jpg

Nice, :eusa_clap what is the brim width on that one and I would love to see a picture of the bash.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
Nice, :eusa_clap what is the brim width on that one and I would love to see a picture of the bash.

Thanks Bart! :)

The brim width is 2 1/4", which I believe is pretty standard with the Whippet (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). Here's a better picture of the top of the hat with the bash:
Whippet6.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Chiliarches said:
Wow! That is a nice Stetson and the box appears to be in good condition too. That was a bargain.

I was actually the one who returned that...I felt that the "only light wear" description was pretty inaccurate (though perhaps that betrays my ignorance in hats)...plus it was pretty stiff, which I don't prefer. For $30, maybe you'll like it.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm..... Interesting.

I've been wanting a 7X forever. I blame Dinerman for that! :D I've alternately read reports of them being super soft and pliable as well as others being stiff. I guess this one's the latter, darnit. I bought it because; it's a 7X, my measly bid happened to scoop it, and with the intention to rebuild it a bit since I have several Open Road styles already. This one may just get the brim edge trimmed off and a wider blue ribbon added. I don't mind a little 'character' in a vintage hat but I'll see if it's worth the effort when it arrives.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
ScionPI2005 said:

The brim width is 2 1/4", which I believe is pretty standard with the Whippet (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). Here's a better picture of the top of the hat with the bash:
Whippet6.jpg

Congrats on that, Scion! Something about those Whippets...

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
Here is my first Mallory. It looks like it had never been on anyone's head ever. Its a 7 1/2, a little big but I think it will settle on my head quite well. The crown is just under 4 1/2 in in the front, 2 1/8 in. brim

hats2003.jpg

hats2004.jpg

hats2006.jpg

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
I was actually the one who returned that...I felt that the "only light wear" description was pretty inaccurate (though perhaps that betrays my ignorance in hats)...plus it was pretty stiff, which I don't prefer. For $30, maybe you'll like it.
Hmmmmm..... Interesting.

I've been wanting a 7X forever. I blame Dinerman for that! :D I've alternately read reports of them being super soft and pliable as well as others being stiff. I guess this one's the latter, darnit. I bought it because; it's a 7X, my measly bid happened to scoop it, and with the intention to rebuild it a bit since I have several Open Road styles already. This one may just get the brim edge trimmed off and a wider blue ribbon added. I don't mind a little 'character' in a vintage hat but I'll see if it's worth the effort when it arrives.

Oh! I mixed up who bought that...I thought it was SuitedCBoy...and my mistake was aided by the knowledge that it was in his size.

That sounds like an excellent project.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Bradford One Hundred

Interesting and certainly rare. OR clone, 7 3/8 custom made, 100% beaver felt.

Interesting, that the hat was originally sold for 15 USD at the time. Is it an early hat? If it is a later 50ies or 60ies hat, why are other pure beaver hats way more expensive?

High Pockets

Practically Family
:D Woo Hoo!:D

Beggin' your pardon for my excitement,....but when I got home this morning I found a beautiful hat that Douglas was so kind enough to sell me, had arrived!

It's my first (but definately NOT my last) Borsalino!

My fat head barely fits in it, so it's off to be reblocked. I only hope they can save the ribbon or match it perfectly cause it's a big part of what I like about the hat. I wonder if Borsalino would send me one of their sweatbands if I send them the crumbly original that Douglas offered to include.

100_2466.jpg

100_2467.jpg

100_2465.jpg

100_2463.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
ScionPI2005 said:

The brim width is 2 1/4", which I believe is pretty standard with the Whippet (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that).

That brim size is not at all uncommon. I have two myself and recently sold another of that proportion to another Lounger. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany