Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolfen

One of the Regulars

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
Next is the Stetson. Seller listed it as dating from 1939. The actual style is a bit of a conundrum as the sweatband says its an Eagle but the patch in the center of the crown says its a Medalist. Its a nice chocolate brown colour with ribbon and edges done in a deep red/brown.

And on my head

Here are some shots of the conflicting style claims

If anyone knows any way to determine the style please let me know. Also, do you think I can pull off the pencil mustache I am trying out? [huh]

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
Mario, your diamond creases are amazing. Would you consider posting a tutorial, the same way Jimmy posted one for his famous teardrop?
I'd be very grateful!

Oh my gosh... :eek:

Well, I'll definitely give it a thought...or twoor three... ;) :D

Thank you guys anyway - that's doing my heart good!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
More in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread.

DSC04397.jpg

Aureliano, that hat is killing me with sheer beauty (great way to go :D)! What a wonderful win! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

billysmom

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:
Great to see you've replaced the Shudde Bros Sue.

Personally, I'd give it a swoop and front pinches - but you're in Texas after all.

And with a 3 1/8" brim it really needs to retain its Western character. Besides, the Stock Show is just around the corner!

Sue

billysmom

One Too Many
Wolfen said:
Next is the Stetson. Seller listed it as dating from 1939. The actual style is a bit of a conundrum as the sweatband says its an Eagle but the patch in the center of the crown says its a Medalist. Its a nice chocolate brown colour with ribbon and edges done in a deep red/brown.

If anyone knows any way to determine the style please let me know. Also, do you think I can pull off the pencil mustache I am trying out? [huh]

Wolfen -

Those are both winners! Welcome to the world of vintage fedoras!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wolfen said:
Here are some shots of the conflicting style claims

If anyone knows any way to determine the style please let me know. [huh]

First, welcome!

Second, super vintage hat pick-ups!!

Third, there's no conflict at all on that Stetson. I read the seller's write-up suggesting an identity crisis on this hat - strange as that seller is usually very knowledgeable about vintage fedoras. Here's the thing: "Medalist" was a felt quality designation, like Royal or DeLuxe or XXX, etc. "Eagle" was the model name of this particular hat. I think it seems curious to us now because Stetson abandoned the Medalist classification along with "Standard" and "No. 1" whereas we are accustomed to still seeing things like "Royal DeLuxe" together with Whippet or Open Road in the same hat without being confused. I have two Stetson Eagles with Medalist (and "Vita-Felt") indicia in them. They are very early forties and among my favorite hats - but yours is even earlier and very, very cool indeed. :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene said:
Third, there's no conflict at all on that Stetson. I read the seller's write-up suggesting an identity crisis on this hat - strange as that seller is usually very knowledgeable about vintage fedoras. Here's the thing: "Medalist" was a felt quality designation, like Royal or DeLuxe or XXX, etc. "Eagle" was the model name of this particular hat. I think it seems curious to us now because Stetson abandoned the Medalist classification along with "Standard" and "No. 1" whereas we are accustomed to still seeing things like "Royal DeLuxe" together with Whippet or Open Road in the same hat without being confused. I have two Stetson Eagles with Medalist (and "Vita-Felt") indicia in them. They are very early forties and among my favorite hats - but yours is even earlier and very, very cool indeed. :eusa_clap
Another Eagle has landed!!! :D (sorry but just couldn't resist it...)

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
HarpPlayerGene said:
First, welcome!

Second, super vintage hat pick-ups!!

And thats why this forum is awesome. Thank you very much for clearing that up for me. :cool:

Scott Wood

Practically Family
New Biltmore

The (Golden) Pheasant has landedlol
Just arrived today this brown Biltmore velour, perfect for winter wear and being velour I may even wear it befeatheredlol
It is timely as well... first really wintery day as can be seen by the hoar on the trees...
100_0181.jpg

100_0179.jpg

100_0184.jpg

100_0185.jpg

Woody

billysmom

One Too Many
Scott Wood said:
Just arrived today this brown Biltmore velour, perfect for winter wear and being velour I may even wear it befeatheredlol
It is timely as well... first really wintery day as can be seen by the hoar on the trees...
100_0181.jpg

100_0179.jpg

100_0184.jpg

100_0185.jpg

Woody

Very nice, Woody! Looks good on your noggin!

Sue

yanito

New in Town
Scott Wood said:
100_0181.jpg

100_0179.jpg

100_0184.jpg

100_0185.jpg

Woody

Hat looks great on you! Wish I would've had more than one bidder on it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany