Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Both my hats I sent to Optimo have come back and the Royal DeLuxe I got on e-bay is here but now my Photobucket won't allow me to copy the photos downloaded into it, to paste. It won't give the drop-down with the image codes.. Anyone else having Photobucket problems?

buler

I'll Lock Up
Marlboro hats

Got this hat and box together. The hat is unmarked as to maker. The retailer mark lists Barnesville which was also on a label on the box. So maybe the hat is a Marlboro???

B

marlboro_1.jpg

marlboro_2.jpg

marlboro_3.jpg

marlboro_box_3.jpg

Mr. Paladin

This is my new Stetson Royal Deluxe. It is pristine, just as the e_Bay seller advertised. It is a great blue-grey color with a dark grey band, from Kleinhans in Buffalo, NY and in one of their boxes. It is the first overwelt hat I own and it fits great. I think it will make the Monteagle trip with me.

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe001.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe006.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe008.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe013.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe014.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe015.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe011.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe005.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe019.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe016.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
This is my new Stetson Royal Deluxe. It is pristine, just as the e_Bay seller advertised. It is a great blue-grey color with a dark grey band, from Kleinhans in Buffalo, NY and in one of their boxes. It is the first overwelt hat I own and it fits great. I think it will make the Monteagle trip with me.

Very nice. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic, Mr. P. Absolutely great snag! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That lid is very reminiscent of the Stetson Avenue that I posted in the WHAYWT thread the other day. Looks like yours has the Stetson "Wafer Edge", as well. Beautiful color. Looks to be circa 1950. I believe that it bears a very strong resemblance to a lid owned by carouselvic called the "Belmont."

Very, very nice!

Cheers,
JtL

Chinaski

One Too Many
Mr. P, that is a fantastic Royal Deluxe! That first picture looked a bit green and reminded me exactly of my sage Royal Deluxe, but yours has the stitched edge (and is blue/gray) while mine is a bound edge. I'm sure it's really nice felt, and you can't beat one in really good condition.

Bingles

A-List Customer
Mr. Paladin said:

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe013.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe014.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe015.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe011.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe005.jpg

That hat is from my neck of the woods!!! :) From what I am told, Kleinhanns was a big men's upscale clothing store.

Mr. Paladin

Thank you all for the props on that Stetson! It is really nice and the box is like new as well. I will cut a photo of it later today and put it in the Hatbox thread for you, Eph. It is the second hat I have from Kleinhans; they must have done lots of business.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
XXX OR

Received this Open Road XXX yesterday morning, open crowned and flat brimmed. Hot stretched it (check "Ask a question" thread) and threw a really quick bash into. Going to wear it into shape in short order:
100_0346.jpg

100_0345.jpg

100_0344.jpg

100_0351.jpg

100_0347.jpg
100_0348.jpg

100_0349.jpg
100_0350.jpg

Now please excuse me, seems I need to dust in here:eusa_doh: (especially the stereo):rolleyes:

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Scott Wood said:
Received this Open Road XXX yesterday morning, open crowned and flat brimmed. Hot stretched it (check "Ask a question" thread) and threw a really quick bash into. Going to wear it into shape in short order:
100_0346.jpg

Now please excuse me, seems I need to dust in here:eusa_doh: (especially the stereo):rolleyes:

Veery nice hat.. I have a list of hats that are missing in my collection:
whippet, stratoliner, flagship and an OPEN ROAD... (sure, there are a lot more hats missing in my rather small collection lol )

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mr. Paladin said:

StetsonRoyalDeLuxe016.jpg

:eusa_clap Congratulations MrP, that's a seriously cool lid!! You wear it well..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou