Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Mr E Train said:
I just got my grey Biltmore pork pie from Miller today. And I know it's labeled Miller, but I'm going to call it a Biltmore because that's who makes it. I'm really impressed with the felt, especially considering the price ($90); it's got a good weight and is nice and pliable. The leather sweat band is also excellent for this price point; it feels like leather, not that plastic-feeling crap. I ordered it in size 7 3/4 and the fit was perfect right out of the box. If anyone from Miller Hats reads this: Thanks, guys! I'll be doing business with you again.
We'd love to see pics, Mr. E Train!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mr. Paladin said:
This is my new Champ returned from Optimo. It needed a good cleaning, re-blocking to proper size with replaced sweatband, and a new ribbon. They duplicated the old ribbon well, and sent me back the original sweat, which they said could not be saved in the re-block. The work was very well done. It has a cavanaugh-type edge called Hand-felted on the old sweat.:

HatboxChamp001.jpg

That Champ is a real winner mr.P.. and I love that pleated ribbon! Wonderful!!:eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
Sneek peek. To be continued...

DSC04571-1.jpg

Remember this?

My sister in law, Natalie Gruppuso, is a professional Photorapher. I'd asked her to shoot my hats a while a go but because of her schedule and time we never got around to doing the project. After a long wait here is my small collection of hats. I wanted them pro. shot to get the colors right. After selling a bunch this I decided to keep.
Make it a full screen and click "show info" (uper right corner) to see details about each hat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21144625@N00/sets/72157623455063228/show/

playing catch up...

I finally took a few minutes to catch up on the new postings...

Yimmy: sweet score on the portis! looks like in great shape

Scott Wood: 3 back from Optimo... even if they were rebuilds instead of new hats, my wife would k-i-l-l me d-e-a-d

BobC: that grey whippit is to envy!

buler: that marlboro is just another reminder that I need to stay one step ahead of the other 7 1/4 wearin' fools around here :)

Mr. Paladan: great looking royal deluxe; That champ looks swell, I love the box bows

Scott Wood: nice OR!

Larry Harber: that"s a teaser if I've ever read one

Cheers everyone

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Miller/Biltmore Pork Pie

Spats McGee said:
We'd love to see pics, Mr. E Train!

OK, I finally got a chance to take a quick iPhone snap and upload it. Here goes.

BiltmorePorkPie.jpg

I love the color, and I figured I would immediately remove the feather, but the feather was so understated and complementary (with bits of bluish-gray that aren't as evident in the photo) that I think I'm going to leave it in.

Tim in Ohio

Familiar Face
My Dobbs Daily arrived today

I love this hat. My first nice vintage fedora that actually fits my head. Dobbs Daily:

DobbsDaily4.jpg

DobbsDaily1.jpg

And on my noggin with a 'Bolthead' brim treatment:
dobss028.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Tim in Ohio said:
I love this hat. My first nice vintage fedora that actually fits my head. Dobbs Daily:

And on my noggin with a 'Bolthead' brim treatment:
dobss028.jpg

Looks great, Tim! What is that, about a 1 7/8" brim?

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Aureliano said:
Remember this?

My sister in law, Natalie Gruppuso, is a professional Photorapher. I'd asked her to shoot my hats a while a go but because of her schedule and time we never got around to doing the project. After a long wait here is my small collection of hats. I wanted them pro. shot to get the colors right. After selling a bunch this I decided to keep.
Make it a full screen and click "show info" (uper right corner) to see details about each hat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21144625@N00/sets/72157623455063228/show/

This is one of the best slideshows I've seen in a whole time.. great collection!

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
Got this Royal Stetson on ebay a while back and had it fixed up a little by JW Hats here in Utah. I love the feather they gave me for it so much that it is the only hat I wear a feather on.

S8001715i.jpg

S8001716.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Stetson The Open Road 3X Beaver

Got this one in the mail today. Very nice hat except for a green stain at the front pinch and a smaller green mark on rear of crown.

B

stetson_open_road_3x_beaver_1.jpg

stetson_open_road_3x_beaver_2.jpg

stetson_open_road_3x_beaver_3.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Stetson sign and hat stands

Also got this Stetson sign. Bummer, the glass cracked in shipping. Stands are kind of cool. They look weird with the angle, but look great with hats on them.

B

stetson_sign.jpg

stands_1.jpg

stands_2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic