Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I got this black panama fedora from Panador Hats for my husband, but I think the crown looks a little too big. ?
PA300036.JPG

Looks like your husband has a long, oval shaped face so a lower. tapered crown would probably be more in harmony with this face shape. From this photo the crown does have a pronounced straightness and hight than I would advise him to wear but some of this impression may be due to the angle the photo was taken at, up and 3/4 angle. Try taking one at eye level and straight on and then assess how it looks :) BTW, you are a nice lady to buy him a hat :)

DRB

One Too Many
Do you know how many inches the crown in in the "open crowned" position? Maybe a deeper crease may be all that is needed?? Also, steaming, as mentioned by Lefty, might help.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Double Schoble Day

Not new to the F'Lounge but worth a reprise
Spinner from ScottF--Greener and even better than expected.
5170084518_731a8022f8_b.jpg
5170089302_436c4c225d_b.jpg
5170076026_f542a8f1cd_z.jpg
5169516763_73afcaba96_z.jpg

5170087472_a0241e47ef_z.jpg
5170074814_ed43354216_z.jpg

Schoble Too
5170082732_61ef8ba4ef_b.jpg

5170077694_bc36f37e16_b.jpg

5169471173_1248fe532d_z.jpg
5169575837_b74d16f304_z.jpg

Either Nutria or Nutria Blend but super light and finely finished. Sweatband leather exceptionally fine too. A belated surprise 2nd Chance Offer.

Both hats are of outstanding quality and in great condition.

Last edited:

buler

I'll Lock Up
Not new to the F'Lounge but worth a reprise
Spinner from ScottF--Greener and even better than expected.
Either Nutria or Nutria Blend but super light and finely finished. Sweatband leather exceptionally fine too. A belated surprise 2nd Chance Offer.

Both hats are of outstanding quality and in great condition.

Very nice. I'm jealous. What happened to the moratorium?

B

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
First time I ever post here, 'cause I am not a hatperson.
Only have a straw Borsalino for summer use - but the other day I bought this:
Basque2010018-1.jpg

Who knows - maybe I'll even wear it every day.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Spitfire, that looks very natural on you! It goes with what you're wearing, and it looks like you enjoy it. That's a great one, I had a beret once, bought it to cover up a past haircut, but it wasn't long before I stopped wearing it. I think they're cool though!

Chinaski

One Too Many
First time I ever post here, 'cause I am not a hatperson.
Only have a straw Borsalino for summer use - but the other day I bought this:
Basque2010018-1.jpg

Who knows - maybe I'll even wear it every day.

Yes, Spitfire, as a student of psychology, let me add you very much seem to be a hatperson! Maybe you find that unacceptable for some reason, but you not only bought the hat, you sought out a place to post your mug while wearing the hat!! And for the record, you wear it very well. Enjoy it daily in good health, sir!

By the way, that's your 4,250th first post...excellent!

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Robert, this is by far my favorite hat you own. Looks great on you too......how tall is it?

I wonder if this effect can be recreated? Art, are you listening? ;)

Thanks Bolt and all. 5-1/2" Open Crown per factory(fairly square block profile). There is a special device for the spiral stitching(pretty tough to freehand).

Last edited:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, Soren, I didn't even recognize you (and not because of the absence of the Irvin).
That's a great look. I have three berets, one gift and two inherited, and they do see use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou