Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Great hats Josh, I do like the Royalist best, looks very good on you.

Good looking Huckel Mayser.

Thanks hatophile! I appreciate it. The brims over 2 1/2 inches have started to grow on me. Not so much a confidence issue as a style issue. Im really into 20's and 30's hats and style, but throwing a nice 50's c-crown into the mix every once in a while is nice as well.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked up a new hat at the PO today. I hadn't bought a hat since last May, so I've been feeling some symptoms of withdrawal. This one takes care of that. It's a super nice Borsalino, but something a bit different than I already have and something a bit different than I'd seen before. It has a wide brim binding and a wide ribbon, but still has that thin soft Borsalino felt that shapes like butter.

The seller told me he's a lounger, so if you read this...Thank You! This is a beautiful and unique Borso that I will be very pleased to take care of. The only flaw I can see in this hat is that it's missing a few stitches in the sweat, but that makes no difference at all in how the hat looks or feels. It's a killer lid!
IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson No. 1 Quality Western(?)

5437252210_ef4a0078d3_b.jpg
5437367722_3fe14a19dc_b.jpg
5436640559_09a2d852b1_b.jpg

5437246908_8b55e73353_z.jpg

I can't be certain about this one. The liner is from an older No. 1 Quality and the felt feels about right, but it has clearly been cleaned and no longer has any of the factory stickers, although there is a bit of adhesive residue in the appropriate location for a Philly Stetson. The sweatband appears to be a very vintage replacement(?), thin leather and wide with a taped seam. The liner has definitely been re-installed with thicker thread with a few more stitches than would come from the factory. Felt is thinner than most more modern Stetsons. A nice older hat in any case. Fixed where someone tried to dip the brim without sufficient humidity(or via sweat) in the past(#2 photo).

Last edited:
P. & C. Habig Homburg + Hat Box

P. & C. Habig Homburg, black, size 58cm with original store box. This one is from 1957 and in very good condition. Original hat box from the store that sold it.

5436817215_86c16c6984_b.jpg

5436801165_87aaa0c6c1_b.jpg

Alex

Practically Family
Those VS hats are awesome, Mike. I was highly considering that sand stingy.. but it looks good on you man.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Josh, I got a Johnnyphi Royalist. It's a brown lid with an interesting ribbon color that looks the same as the hat but is somehow different and complimentary. The only other difference I can see is my hat has a brown sweat. I find the felt to be like clay. Moldable and able to hold about any shape. Nice one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou