Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
VS Powder Blue

5434240900_7b42ec0d7c_b.jpg
5434238986_c7c2aecc23_z.jpg

This one definitely gave Art some aggravation but in the end he really rose to the challenge.

More in Art's Hall of Fame...

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

The detail on that hat is EXQUISITE!! The high crown is the perfect height with the perfect 20's side dent bash. The thick ribbon is perfect for the hat and then the thinner bow thats tied off like an open road is not only unique, but ingenious. I LOVE IT!!! AWESOME!!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
My first ever fur-felt and first ever Stetson. The guy at the local hat shop was stumped as to when this was made and exactly what type of style it is meant for. The brim being all the way up makes it look kind of like a pork of a bowler. Any help is appreciated!
P2103211.jpg

P2103210-1.jpg
P2103215.jpg
P2103225.jpg
P2103212.jpg
P2103213-1.jpg
P2103217.jpg

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
USPS truck showed up at the house about 5:30pm yesterday with my latest lid. I finally broke down and got a lid not in the earth ( ie brownish) color tones and got another Stylemaster from DM in the Charcoal Grey. First let me say, contrary to what has been said around here, this color is NOT anywhere near black! It is a nice TRUE CHARCOAL GREY and it will be relegated to my dark blue/black suit hat ! As is on my Mid Brown Stylemaster, it says "Imperial" on the liner but the felt on these hats is NO WHERE near the same as is on my other "Imperial" grade Akubras. It is thinner, much, much SMOOTHER and the finish on the felt is BETTER than on them. It also has a much SOFTER hand to it than they do. I don't know what makes for the difference, but is very obvious and I LIKE IT :) Here's DMs pic for ya till I can borrow a digital camera for my own shots :)

1746gry_lg61.jpg

and as always, Onward thru the Fog :)

Last edited:

DRB

One Too Many
monbla256: The charcoal Stylemasters are definitely one of my favorites. I know you will look great in it. Post some pics wearing it when you get a change, if you are so inclined.

DRB

One Too Many
RLK: those last 3 hats are outstanding additions to an already outstanding collection of fine fedoras. Congratulations.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My first ever fur-felt and first ever Stetson. The guy at the local hat shop was stumped as to when this was made and exactly what type of style it is meant for. The brim being all the way up makes it look kind of like a pork of a bowler. Any help is appreciated!
P2103225.jpg

Looks like a Stetson Stingy with a higher flanged brim to me. I would say mid 60's on that one, but I have been wrong before. If the brim can snap down, it kind of gives the side profile of the hat a wave look. The higher flanged brims looks a bit different than some of the flatter ones when snapped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred