Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alex

Practically Family
Here are a couple of my recent acquisitions, a vintage Royal Stetson and Pilgrim, both probably 1950s. I still need to rebash both lids, especially the pilgrim.

6131722516_d1ac1690cb_b.jpg

6131172553_158aeb15da_b.jpg

6131722552_c0d1337b4c_b.jpg

6131172689_8017ec1293_b.jpg

6131722620_f05148205d_b.jpg

6131722658_cff00fb576_b.jpg

6131172673_d72e5884cb_b.jpg

Nice ones Marshall!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Omne, Both hats are great, I love the colors and particularly the ribbon on the granite hat.

After seeing them both together I'd like to get the Sahara into more of a drop shape as well.:eusa_clap

I have to agree with you about the crease on the sahara.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Well, they're here. The two custom hats that Mike Moore made for me. They look great, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

I love the lined ribbon, my wife and Mike picked it out from Mike's vintage ribbon racks. It makes the hat.
Color is Granite and it's a 100% hare felt

Both are nice but this ones my fave. I LOVE the crease, color, brim and ribbon work :)

Received this later vintage Borsalino Featherweight... it gives up a little to my earlier one, also from Balbi's store in Naples, but not very much. It's a nice example of the consistency of Borsalino's manufacturing quality into the 1970's.

This auction ended while I was standing in the checkout line at IKEA in Chicago. I'm getting good with my iPhone!

First out of the box photos. I think I'll wear this one brim up, but I might flatten the curled flange a little.

newfeather2.jpg

newfeather3.jpg

newfeather4.jpg

newfeather5.jpg

Dress down Friday and it was steamy today.

newfeather1.jpg

Thanks! It is actually a nice deep charcoal gray. It is also a 5.5 punti which would normally be a size too big for me. I took a chance on the legend that Borsalino hats run small and lucked out with this one... it's a good fit.

Marshall

One of the Regulars
I like this one a LOT. Looks great and looks great on you. Proportions and colors suit you very well.
I assume it is the Stetson.

Believe it or not, that's actually the Pilgrim. It apparently was a pretty obscure brand compared to Dobbs, Knox, and Stetson, but I must say that it is a pretty nice hat, good quality felt.
Thanks for the compliments suitedcboy and Alex!

Thank you AL. The felt is typical Borsalino... soft and dense with very nice body to hold a crease. I think there may be two decades between my two Featherweights. The differences are subtle... reeded sweat on this one, a thin vinyl protective over the liner crown - I think the liner in this one is acetate rather than silk taffeta. This one weighs a half ounce more than the earlier one which is just under 2.5 ounces. The felt is thin, but the felting is not quite as tight as in the older hat, in which the edge of the raw brim is breathtakingly thin. But all in all, very little compromise in quality over the years.

jwalls

Vendor
025.JPG

I used a rabbit/ nutria aged body that I really liked the hand of to make this hat for Louisiana musician that I used to work with in New Orleans. After I got it creased I really enjoy the look of the 'Diamond'.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
An unplanned visit to an antique shop that "happened to be on the way to where I was going" warranted... no-- practically demanded this purchase. I got rid of most of my non-pencil-rolled stingies, except for about two of them that I liked, but this Stevens caught my eye and I don't know or care what the heck it's made of, but it is extremely soft and comfortable. I've never (that I can remember) seen a rainbowed black heather, but I rather like the way it catches the sunlight.

stevenshat001copy.jpg

stevenshat002copy.jpg

stevenshat004copy.jpg

stevenshat007copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic