Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
An unplanned visit to an antique shop that "happened to be on the way to where I was going" warranted... no-- practically demanded this purchase. I got rid of most of my non-pencil-rolled stingies, except for about two of them that I liked, but this Stevens caught my eye and I don't know or care what the heck it's made of, but it is extremely soft and comfortable. I've never (that I can remember) seen a rainbowed black heather, but I rather like the way it catches the sunlight.

stevenshat001copy.jpg

Cool antique store find, bowlerman! You should add it to the "Stevens Spotlight" thread.

Thanks verymuch, Josh.

Buying this one at the checkout at IKEA with a line of people behind me waiting to check out was even crazier than that hailstorm Dobbs!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks verymuch, Josh.

Buying this one at the checkout at IKEA with a line of people behind me waiting to check out was even crazier than that hailstorm Dobbs!

LOL. Well being at IKEA on a weekend is like a hailstorm, its noisy, always seems to do quite a bit of damage on the wallet, and you can never get out of it fast enough. LOL. By the way, I can't wait to see that hailstorm Dobbs.

Some quick photos of my recent auction won Stratoliner. It will benefit from a little steaming - though very clean, the hat seems to have memory of having been worn backwards in another life, or perhaps outfitted with rear pinches? Felt quality is lovely... very, very light and supple. Condition overall is excellent with the exception of the rear seam on the sweatband where the thread is completely missing. Fortunately the chocolate colored bow remains, though the size tag is gone. If I can get this resewn tonight, I think I will take it on my trip to Austin Wednesday - 102 degrees forecast!

oldstrat1.jpg

oldstrat2.jpg

oldstrat3.jpg

oldstrat4.jpg

oldstrat5.jpg

oldstrat6.jpg

jwalls

Vendor
jwalls-- awesome work on that old body. Cool crease too![/QUOTE]
That 'diamond crease' is the one Grandad called the preacher's crease because of the cross in the top.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Some great hats posted the last few days. My favorite is that aged rabbit/nutria from jwalls. Makes me wonder if there are any more 30 year old bodies in that cedar chest.

Today was good for me as well, the Stetson 50 7XCB arrived from the eBay seller - super fast shipping, I wasn't expecting it yet. The hat is is fantastic condition and is nicer than I thought it would be - the auction photos were not the greatest.

Here's a quick snapshot. I'll post more after we get the college move-in for our daughter finished.

D335414-L.jpg

Hey Alan, your new Stratoliner is just how I imagine they should be!

Brando11

A-List Customer
Sorry for the picture quality; it's late and this is taken with my iPhone under artificial light

New to me Peters Bros, compliments of Rodkins. It was pretty soft and wouldn't really hold shape very well until I steamed the crown and ironed the brim. That did the trick. Now it's stiff as a board- you could easily bounce a ping pong ball off of it!

This won't be my last Peters Bros. Very, very pleased!

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Sorry for the picture quality; it's late and this is taken with my iPhone under artificial light

New to me Peters Bros, compliments of Rodkins. It was pretty soft and wouldn't really hold shape very well until I steamed the crown and ironed the brim. That did the trick. Now it's stiff as a board- you could easily bounce a ping pong ball off of it!

This won't be my last Peters Bros. Very, very pleased!
That looks great! Glad you like it.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Some quick photos of my recent auction won Stratoliner. It will benefit from a little steaming - though very clean, the hat seems to have memory of having been worn backwards in another life, or perhaps outfitted with rear pinches? Felt quality is lovely... very, very light and supple. Condition overall is excellent with the exception of the rear seam on the sweatband where the thread is completely missing. Fortunately the chocolate colored bow remains, though the size tag is gone. If I can get this resewn tonight, I think I will take it on my trip to Austin Wednesday - 102 degrees forecast!
Alan that hat is superb. I have some serious hat envy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael