Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Rabbit, That's a beautiful 3X beaver. I think the embroidered last drop liner is a classic, one that I'd like to find in my size.

Thanks, BR.
It's one of two Stetson 3XB in this style that I've seen on ebay lately - in my size and in mint condition, that is. From what I've heard from the more experienced loungers, this general style actually appears to be rather abundant. I've been searching for just a few months, so that might explain why I haven't seen more of these.
The embroidered liner sure is a nice feature. :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Steve-- that looks absolutely amazing. +1 on that ribbon color-- looks sublime over the black velour.
DNO-- what a great find! looks mint, and can't complain at that price!
Rabbit-- that is a wonderful specimen. Classic and simple as a western hat should be. how 'bout a noggin' shot, since we're so used to seeing you in those amazing fedoras of yours!?

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Noggin shot coming up, Jeff. I sure look tired in this pic.

P1060401post.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Nice Ebay buy. Old Classic Mayser Grand Prix in very good Condition.
The shape, looks very classic for me. You can it also wear, with brim down.
I think mid 50s. Low Price 5,50 EUR

mayserclassic.jpg

mayserclassic1.jpg

mayserclassic6.jpg

more in German&Austrian Hats.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
The Rehfus & Cie ZEPHIR Melone arrived today.
Weight 70g double Ventilated EXTRA EXTRA QUALITY
Outside condition is very good. Inside worn. Size 55,5 cm. A little bit to small.

rehfusmelone.jpg

rehfusmelone1.jpg

rehfusmelone7.jpg

rehfusmelone8.jpg

more in German&austrian Hats

Perry, Beautiful black PB! Black hats are under rated IMHO.

Manfred, Again great pickups! Both are fantastic and the Mayser was an absolute steal price wise.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Boss Raw Edge Clear Nutria

P1040340.JPG

P1040338.JPG
P1040341.JPG

P1040335.JPG
P1040337.JPG

It appears this designation and sweatband with the rolled-over edge lasted longer than I thought. Sweatband light patches are from where the Auction tag was taped on:mad:

Perhaps it had a Stetson renovation and the bow and size tag were replaced. They look pristine white while the sweatband and factory stamps show significant wear.[huh] Or just a 40's hat.
P1040342.JPG

Last edited:

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
More thrift store luck.

onhead.png

I wish I had your luck, that's a really beautiful hat! I thought I did pretty well paying $70 for this new lid. I really wanted a truly non-tapered fedora, so I sprang for this fur felt sale hat on Hats In The Belfry. Looks rather '20s/'30s to my eye, despite being thoroughly modern. The felt is rather thin, but still feels great.

04-13-12_newHat_img1.JPG

Looking for some hat inspiration... I love the shape of this one. No taper is a great thing!
04-13-12_newHat_img3.JPG

Is it just me, or does Groucho look jealous?
04-13-12_newHat_img4.JPG

Everyone has such great hats lately. I'm glad I have a humble piece to contribute!

-Steven

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes