Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TipTop

Practically Family
Stetson Sovereign (West?) from Byrnie Utz, Seattle
This is going to take some getting used-to; I'm accustomed to snap or western curled-up brims. This deep pencil roll, though elegant, reminds me of Red Skelton every time I look in the mirror.

15531472-md.jpg

15531473-md.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Looks great, Steven; it even matches your 'stache!

+1

Stetson Sovereign (West?) from Byrnie Utz, Seattle
This is going to take some getting used-to; I'm accustomed to snap or western curled-up brims. This deep pencil roll, though elegant, reminds me of Red Skelton every time I look in the mirror.

Ray, thats a sharp look. The curled brim looks great on you.

H.Herdick

Familiar Face
The right thread? I hope so. These are not my hats, even they are new. But IMHO the pictures are interesting. In 2010 I made these pictures myself in Kaili, Autonome Miao & Dong prefectuur Qiandongnan, Guizhou. The Miao women wear these costumes and hats during her wedding. Here you can see, how the hat is tightened on the head of one of the woman. They are not going to merry, just show it to me.

10141917cp.jpg

10141919vs.jpg

10141920jm.jpg

10141921hy.jpg

10141922pk.jpg

10141923vz.jpg

10141924fv.jpg

10141925nw.jpg

10141926gq.jpg

job

One Too Many
Some people always want to stand out. Maybe Lady Gaga would copy this look but I for one would never wear a chandelier on my head. :D

Last edited:

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Looks great on you! I believe the best I have seen!
Please tell us more about it.

Thanks everyone, I'm thrilled with all the positive response here. :) The hat is available here. The one thing that could maybe improve is the sweatband (it's a rather comfortable grosgrain, and I'm not sure whether I like it more than leather or not). But this is one swell lid, and Hats in the Belfry has more like it, in other colors and such.

And I've got to say, Tip-Top, that's one impressive Stetson you've got!

-Steven

I wish I had your luck, that's a really beautiful hat! I thought I did pretty well paying $70 for this new lid. I really wanted a truly non-tapered fedora, so I sprang for this fur felt sale hat on Hats In The Belfry. Looks rather '20s/'30s to my eye, despite being thoroughly modern. The felt is rather thin, but still feels great.

-Steven

Nice pickup! It kinda has the look of this 1930s Echter Borsalino of mine.

4575403627_074820c7f5_b.jpg

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family
The right thread? I hope so. These are not my hats, even they are new. But IMHO the pictures are interesting. In 2010 I made these pictures myself in Kaili, Autonome Miao & Dong prefectuur Qiandongnan, Guizhou. The Miao women wear these costumes and hats during her wedding. Here you can see, how the hat is tightened on the head of one of the woman. They are not going to merry, just show it to me.

10141923vz.jpg

The crazy contemporary contrast of the black "hot pants" reminds me of an astonishing moment I had in Geneva about 10 years ago. Walking down the main thoroughfare, a black Mercedes limo pulled to the curb in front of Chanel, and out pops a burkhaed mother and two kids. While the two kids were conservatively, but western dressed, the full-length black burkha was jarring...especially as she strode into Chanel with her brilliantly colored Nikes under the burkha. Can't imagine what she was buying; maybe a handbag?

RBH

Bartender
Thanks everyone, I'm thrilled with all the positive response here. :) The hat is available here. The one thing that could maybe improve is the sweatband (it's a rather comfortable grosgrain, and I'm not sure whether I like it more than leather or not). But this is one swell lid, and Hats in the Belfry has more like it, in other colors and such.

And I've got to say, Tip-Top, that's one impressive Stetson you've got!

-Steven

Would it be possible for you to get a shot with the back of the brim down?
thanks!

pjt113

One of the Regulars
I just bought my first Art Fawcett hat!

I got a great price on a VS Milan from a fellow lounger! Thank you so much Zemke Fan, may your kindness be returned to you a thousandfold.

I will post pix ASAP after receiving the hat.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
I was looking for a everyday beater to replace one of my older wool felt hats and was thinking of a forties style that wouldn´t break the bank.
adVintage had it in stock and so I took the plunge and ordered the Christy´s Hats Adventurer Fedora. It´s of course one of the Indy-hat incarnations and so I shied away from the sable-colored version and went for the steel grey, which is in fact resembling the "clipper scene hat" as I learned from this very educational board. The brim isn´t bent down in the back too, so I hoped it wouldn´t be too obviously the notorious "Indy".
First and foremost, is it worth it´s mere 60 Euros? Yes, definitely if you are realistic about things! The felt is of course much stiffer than my Borsa for instance. The ribbon is kind of crudely sewn to the hat but that was mentioned here before already - I can live with it. What impressed me is that you get a nice satin liner with a Christy´s imprint with the hat, not too bad for the price!

Frank

DSCN2142.jpg

DSCN2149.jpg

DSCN2148.jpg

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Nice pickup! It kinda has the look of this 1930s Echter Borsalino of mine.

4575403627_074820c7f5_b.jpg

Wow, thanks for sharing that! My appreciation for this hat just grew immensely... I guess it wasn't just my random hunch, thinking it had a '20s-'30s vibe.

Would it be possible for you to get a shot with the back of the brim down?
thanks!

Sure thing. Here's a few:
04-15-12_newHat_img1.JPG

04-15-12_newHat_img2.JPG

-Steven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou