Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
004zt.jpg

Bowerman is that your dog in the picture or are you attepting Squirrel wispering.:D

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
very funny! I think Tasha is the one practicing the ancient art of squirrel whispering. All the squirrels seem to click and bark in our direction every time any of us walk outside!

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
I'm hoping to visit Meyer the Hatter sometime in the next few days...

I've never been there myself. I hear it's quite the institution in New Orleans. I picked up that Biltmore at a Hospice thrift-store for $2.50. They usually run what? $75-$100 new? I'm gonna see if it fits my lady friend : D If she doesn't like it, it's off the the classifieds or ebay.

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Nice find with that Panama OR, a re-flange and it will be good as new.

Yeah, may send it off to Optimo for a re-flange and a new sweatband. The leather sweatband is so old and dry it started cracking and crumbling when I put it on for the first time. It's a shame because the sweatband is marked with the logo of a long-gone local department store near here in Dade City FL named 'Hardy's' that operated from the 40's-80's. They're beloved here for their charity work.

I Hate to swap it out, but it's not doing me any good getting leather bits stuck to my forehead. After all, hats are made for wearing.

Doc Mark

Familiar Face
Greetings, All,

Well, you guys have definitely given me the "Hat Pox", as I've been seeking, finding, and buying a few since I joined up here! Yesterday, was our 32nd wedding anniversary, and we drove over to Big Bear Lake to have a celebratory dinner at one of our favorite restaurants over there. I wore an older Stetson Sovereign Fedora which came to live here with me recently. It's not in perfect condition, but actually I'm very happy with the fit and quality of this old fedora, and my Bride of 32 happy years likes it, too. I'll take more photos of the inside later, and post them here. Thanks for checking this one out this old Stetson, and any comments would be welcome. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

DSCN2905-1.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I used to think that way too. Have a Stetson 25, and desired a 100 or a 7x clear beaver. Finally snagged a 7x clear beaver on E Bay. When it came though, I said to myself, "this is pretty much like the 25. A high-class Open Road." I haven't had it blocked yet by my local hat man, but I decided I'm going to cool off on the 100 search. I would love to have one, but now I'm not prepared to go so far overboard with one, as before.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I used to think that way too. Have a Stetson 25, and desired a 100 or a 7x clear beaver. Finally snagged a 7x clear beaver on E Bay. When it came though, I said to myself, "this is pretty much like the 25. A high-class Open Road." I haven't had it blocked yet by my local hat man, but I decided I'm going to cool off on the 100 search. I would love to have one, but now I'm not prepared to go so far overboard with one, as before.

Yeah, I've got a Resistol 100 that needs a total rebuild & a Shady Oaks 100 I never wear... it's a fetish thing- what w/ the case & keys & all, I guess. Second only to one of those purple lined ermine fur (& tails) presentation numbers.

+1!

Tremendous trio, Rick Blaine. :) What's your hat count now, just about the right amount?

Aw, nuts. Who can say? and are some of my dry & torn straw or pinch blow-out, sweatband-less, liner-less felts... hats?
I sent out two today, it's a moving target, eh? lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany