Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Rick, these are great finds! I don't know why I resist grays personally, but I'd definitely nab that one in a heartbeat if I saw it on a shelf somewhere.

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
Arrived today this "beater" Stetson Open Road 4X. "Stetson" pin on ribbon bow and diamond-pattern white satin liner (1970's?). A few tiny moth bites and well smudged, stained, and soiled, otherwise felt has very nice texture, firm yet supple, fine suede-like finish. Sweatband excellent, liner stained and smelly. Color more chestnut brown / cafe-au-lait than Silverbelly (compare to Resistol San Antonio and Stetson Open Road 3X underneath). Crown 5 3/4" open, 4 1/2" as creased, brim 2 7/8". Tight, low cattleman's crease and upcurled brim looked like right off the head of a 1950's sheriff's deputy or livestock auctioneer. I turned down the brim, pushed the crown open, and while I watered the neighbor's tomatoes I soaked the hat with the garden hose and let it dry on my head. Once dry it pinched right into a fedora crown with snap brim, looks mighty snazzy, and fits like...well like it was molded for my head.

Cheers from KC!

Last edited:

Doc Mark

Familiar Face
Nice photo Doc and congratulations on your anniversary!

Hi, David,

Many thanks for the anniversary congrats, Sir! Much appreciated. We love being married, and one of the parts of my wife's charm, is that they loves me in such hats as that Stetson Sovereign fedora! She is part of the driving force for me to get more to add to those I already own, and to wear them all. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Scott & Co. Homburg

P1050017.JPG
P1050018.JPG
P1050019.JPG
P1050016.JPG

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That hitchhiker looks great!

Steve, wow, what a perfect shape for a homburg. a classic silhouette for sure. I love those grey sweat bands! Is that brim about the same width as a St. Regis?

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Just added a Gus Miller to the stable

Photoon8-8-12at609PM.jpg

f85468d1.jpg

fef8dd37.jpg

aabe84a3.jpg

d160b908.jpg

342745e5.jpg

Won this on ebay a little over a month ago. I've been waiting patiently to replace my beautiful PB Montecristi that got severely stained by fountain pen ink almost 2 years ago. I'm thrilled to own a Gus Miller hat..always wanted to commission a felt Fedora from him but this beauty will do. The weave is very tight and symmetrical, I'm getting a WPI of 29x28 on the brim and 35x36 on the crown. The blocking is top notch and the hat is holding a really nice shape without the need for stiffeners. I've learned my lesson and this one has become my "wear it when I'm not going to sweat" hat and my cleaned up PB, which cleaned up nicely but still shows some staining, has become my day to day work hat. The fit was like it was made to order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay