Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
A Derby Wiener?
3281.JPG

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, have you dug anything up on the company?
Eagle hats has been around a long time. Some really great ads for them in the American Hatter issues. Not sure that its the same Eagle hats as Robert's.
B
Yes they seem to have a whole page ad in every American Hatter in the first quarter of the 20th Century as well as articles concerning personnel.
A division of the WARING HAT MANUFACTURING CORPORATION.
Screen%2520shot%25202012-03-10%2520at%25201.55.35%2520PM.png
Screen%2520shot%25202012-03-14%2520at%252012.08.01%2520PM.png
P1040034.JPG

Last edited:

justanuthercap

New in Town
Greetings all, I'm de-lurking and trying to add a bit to the board instead. I posted this lid in the what hat are you wearing today thread and thought it deserved a little more detail. Recently aquired Knox. Softest hat I own by far. It's like petting a bunny. (Not that I sit around and pet my hats.... as far as you all know) I really dig the "half-bow" as I call it, and the fact that the "ribbon" is actually a very soft stretchy material. I hope the late day sun shows off the texture.
SAM_0003-1.jpg

SAM_0002-1.jpg

SAM_0001-2.jpg

SAM_0004-2.jpg

SAM_0005-1.jpg

TipTop

Practically Family
What $11 Will Buy You

Last week, I spotted this Black LONG OVAL Cattleman listed cheap; I shot in an opening bid for $11 and dropped the guy a note for with instructions on where to find sizing and felt info. He added the info to the listing and was honest about it as he could be. Unfortunately, nobody else bid.

Anyway, the 5X Beaver brand black Cattleman arrived today, and it is as filthy dusty as described, and at 7 1/2 it's a notch too big. But for that price, I'll send it off for a cleaning and shrinkage...oh, and did I mention the hat was free? I figure I paid $10.75 for the plastic carrying case which was apparently stored NEXT TO the hat...yuk.

15358532-lg.jpg

15358534-lg.jpg

15358533-lg.jpg

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What $11 Will Buy You

Last week, I spotted this Black LONG OVAL Cattleman listed cheap; I shot in an opening bid for $11 and dropped the guy a note for with instructions on where to find sizing and felt info. He added the info to the listing and was honest about it as he could be. Unfortunately, nobody else bid.

Anyway, the 5X Beaver brand black Cattleman arrived today, and it is as filthy dusty as described, and at 7 1/2 it's a notch too big. But for that price, I'll send it off for a cleaning and shrinkage...oh, and did I mention the hat was free? I figure I paid $10.75 for the plastic carrying case which was apparently stored NEXT TO the hat...yuk.

Hi Ray, you did great, that's a $60 (roughly) plastic Hammer Plastics brand case. I own two three hat ones, and a single like that one. They're great for storage, and for car travel anyway.

Later

TipTop

Practically Family
Greetings all, I'm de-lurking and trying to add a bit to the board instead. I posted this lid in the what hat are you wearing today thread and thought it deserved a little more detail. Recently aquired Knox. Softest hat I own by far. It's like petting a bunny. (Not that I sit around and pet my hats.... as far as you all know) I really dig the "half-bow" as I call it, and the fact that the "ribbon" is actually a very soft stretchy material. I hope the late day sun shows off the texture.

SAM_0001-2.jpg

I'd like to see this on you. That brim is beyond stingy; it's down-right parsimonious. Fun find and welcome into the sunlight.

Update: just found your pic with it up there--looks great on you!

Last edited:

ecorrigan

Familiar Face
I hope these pictures don't look too awful bad with my $60 shoes as a prop, but this is my new favorite hat! At some point I'll take a picture of it on my cabeza and post that on here!

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails