Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Balibuntal Bodies

Not a new hat yet
P1070403.jpg P1070404.jpg

Very fine and even and large sizes.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
NOS Elis Shantung with silk ribbon. Ribbon has small triangle and square patterns stitched in. Guessing 30's but could be earlier though not by much.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sam, something really charming about that Mallory. I think it's the color and the wear. Very cool.

Man of Kent, I like the rehfus! I Almost bought a stingy champ today until I saw another one.

Rlk, did you inadvertently find these bodies or had you planned on getting them customized? Either way they look very beautiful.

Garrett, holy cow that is cool! Nice find, nice crease, nice ribbon. Is that a French horn bell on the chair?

I got lucky today with this dark grey royal Stetson. I couldn't say no, and I think I was its first crease! It has a nice matching wide backbow, black liner that I haven't seen before, and came with a sweet box. Here are a few prelim shots.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373412436245.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373412436245.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 119
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373412482058.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373412482058.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 141
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373412514988.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373412514988.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373412558265.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373412558265.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 132

Garrett

Garrett, holy cow that is cool! Nice find, nice crease, nice ribbon. Is that a French horn bell on the chair?

Yes, that's the bell of my '87 Paxman double. Several of us on here were or are horn players. Robert is one of us as well :)

Last edited:

Garrett

Here is a closer shot of the ribbon detail. Note the raised stitching pattern; back-to-back triangles with squares

Garrett

Yes, marked Shantung with "chopsticks" text. Its difficult to see since that part of the sweatband is in the shade. If you click on that image of the liner and then magnify it you can see the "Shantung" on the left side.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Boater from Lock & Co. I normally wear a size 60, this is a 59 and although it fits perfectly front to back, it's quite wide and required a lot of padding.

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
I'm having Tim of Cane's Creations make me a custom lid, but I picked up this much-maligned Stetson Three Forks Gun Club hat from Cabela's for $89 shipped. At that price, I couldn't pass it up. The brim needs some work, but I snapped this picture as soon as I unboxed the hat. I like lower crowns with some taper (I know, I'm odd), so this works o.k. for me. With that said, I'm anxious to see what Tim comes up with.

Steve

Newfedora_July2013002_zps701fc652.jpg

ManofKent

BR - nice boater. They're made by Olney and I had a similar issue - not exactly over-sized, but because you wear them so high up compared to a felt they do come up large, and of course they don't conform to the head in the same way a soft hat will.

Steve - proportions look good.

pjt113

One of the Regulars
I received an unexpected gift yesterday, one of my best friends in the world bought me a Stetson Stratoliner! It's beautiful hat and I'll wear it with pride.

Thanks Marky, may your kindness be returned a hundredfold.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Pete, that's such a special gesture. Looks great!

I wanted to expand on my new Royal Stetson with some better pics. It's really one of the coolest hats I've found, not to mention in absolutely pristine condition. Brim is 2 1/4".

tx8w.jpg

ixmz.jpg

yhhz.jpg

rgw1.jpg

22t7.jpg

ctnt.jpg

91co.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo