Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Just snagged this Western at a very reasonable $6 bin price, (additional $8.75 shipping cost). I don't know anything about this hat other than it's a vintage "100% pure fur felt", as advertised, and that it was custom made. Other than a little soiling I don't see anything else wrong with it. From the pictures the felt looks to be in good shape, as does the liner and the sweat. I'll know more when I get it. But, for just under a total of $15 it's worth the gamble. I'm hoping it's going to make a good fedora conversion project. Or, just cut the brim down a little, give it a tall C-crown crease with a bit of a tight pinch and keep it Western, (I don't like black hats or cattleman creases ;) )... Oh well, here's a couple of the pictures I saw....it also looks like it maybe a soft felt without stiffener added to it....

1s8p.jpg

New Cowboy Hat 02.jpg

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'm hoping it's going to make a good fedora conversion project. Or, just cut the brim down a little, give it a tall C-crown crease with a bit of a tight pinch and keep it Western, (I don't like black hats or cattleman creases ;) )

I still don't like the idea of cutting a wide western brim unless it is to remove visible damage.
Not a fan of a cattleman crease (but it looks really nice on ORs), but I do like black hats :)

And...

another black Stetson arrived at my hands. This one a bargain. $30 + shipping.
4,5" brim, 7 1/2 size (fits nice with some padding).
It is 60's or 70's?
stet45a.jpg

stet45b.jpg

stet45c.jpg

stet45d.jpg

stet45e.jpg

stet45f.jpg

Don't know the quality as I can't see any marks on sweatband. Original store is Golden Horse in California (as I can read on sweatband).

Purplesage

One Too Many
Rogers Peet Top Hat

Not sure of the age but the price was right. A little fraying on the brim edge but in otherwise very good condition. I haven't seen too many in this brown color especially in a size 7 1/4".

photo2-144_zpsc985b4a6.jpg

photo3-142_zpseb12d249.jpg

photo1-208_zpsff4bc138.jpg

photo3-141_zps857d43e3.jpg

78d1f9fa-bc97-453e-a8b0-bd81e138a2e5_zps2bbcadd7.jpg

860d96ff-00c0-4043-a064-877eefdf842d_zpsff6ccf7c.jpg

Last edited:

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
Wanna cook? My Christy's Pork pie..... only had my size with bow on the right!! not really a problem I guess, but thinking of switching it to the left, or maybe a back bow...
wannacook_zps43b035e1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats