Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
+1 on the Stetson Traveler thrift store find.

Great to rescue such a deserving hat! Pictures of the inside, please.

Here are two. The felt on this Stetson is unlike any I've had before. It is amazingly soft and pliable. I doubt there is any stiffener in it. It there is, it isn't much.

This pic is a little fuzzy but it's readable.

fedoralover

Wild Toad

New in Town
Today I found a Resistol Derby named "The Bicknell"
Bowler c.jpg
Bowler b.jpg

Your wife is a beautiful woman. I'm not qualified to estimate the age, but it's OLD, and someone here will have a fairly definitive guess. Top hat and wife; BOTH keepers!!

Blowing the cuteness meters off the charts here, Vic!!!

Please post a picture of the new hat on that cute little face when you pair them up.

my wife just got me this gem does anyone know a way to date this hat?

Great find! It looks to be in good condition. If possible try to take some more detailed photos. It would be nice to have a better look at the Silk Plush, ribbon, sweatband and case. You can post the photos here.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?36577-Toppers-Unite&highlight=toppers

I would say 1900 - 1920s but it's just my opinion. You may want to research the Herbert Johnson address and logo (on here and Google). There needs to be more data on English makers. I try to cover the German and Austrian makers.

Last edited:

humanshoes

One Too Many
Okay, the man says he wants me to make him a bowler without the brim binding and no pencil curl. I say, why not, it's your dime. This is what we ended up with. Really just an open crown fedora with slight brim curl. Hey, he can always bash it later. IMG_2160.jpg IMG_2158.jpg IMG_2154.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I rather like the look of that one, humanshoes!

so many great new acquisitions, and little Dorothy Gale will surely love her new cowgirl hat!

Harv-- I meant to comment on that Wormser Texan before-- OUTSTANDING!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael