Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dotneck

One of the Regulars
Picked up this Open Road at the Scott Antique Market in Atlanta.

Attachments

• 20231115_151049.jpg
    20231115_151049.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 44
  • 20231115_151059.jpg
    20231115_151059.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 37
  • 20231115_151009.jpg
    20231115_151009.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
Two hats came in this week. Sort of lottery hats, but I had a bit more to go on this time, so no brainers both.

Barbisio Sportex Visone in grey. The colour is called Rimini. Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 5,5cm and the crown at 10cm at the center dent. The felt is wonderfully soft on this one and it's very lightweight as well at only 78 grams. A winner.

barbisio visone_01.jpg
barbisio visone_02.jpg
barbisio visone_03.jpg
barbisio visone_04.jpg
barbisio visone_06.jpg
barbisio visone_07.jpg
barbisio visone_08.jpg
barbisio visone_10.jpg
barbisio visone_11.jpg
barbisio visone_12.jpg

I could call this Barbisio Incognito, because that's basically what it is. It doesn't say Barbisio anywhere on the hat, but they are definitely the maker. Same size label and tag and same label underneath the sweatband even without their name on it.
So. Barbisio fedora in grey (Cervo on the label). Size 57 with the raw edge brim at 5,5cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. Wonderful hand to the felt, shapes with ease and holds it without problem. Weighs 94 grams.

barbisio qs_01.jpg
barbisio qs_02.jpg
barbisio qs_03.jpg
barbisio qs_04.jpg
barbisio qs_05.jpg
barbisio qs_06.jpg
barbisio qs_07.jpg
barbisio qs_08.jpg
barbisio qs_09.jpg
barbisio qs_10.jpg

Nice catches, Marcel. I'm a bit puzzled by the labels. They are of a type Borsalino used in the early seventies, but I wonder what the Ticino stands for. Should be the colour name first, but here it's obvious that those come second (nero and caffro).

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Came home yesterday and found a package waiting for me with this wonderful and perfectly fitting bowler inside along with a personal letter. Christmas Came(y) early for ol' Hambone. I was totally caught by surprise and was overjoyed with the generosity of a fellow lounger!
View attachment 561691 View attachment 561692

This is a good look for you, as was that homburg you recently picked up as well.

StoryPNW

One Too Many
Thank you! I'll be working on my confidence to wear it in public, as this is my first and only bowler. I like the look, too, but it will take some getting used to. It fits great and it's hard to take it off here in the house.
I know what you mean, I have a bowler that I have worn around the house, to get the mail, and drop the kids off at school, but I haven't worn it to dinner or the pub yet. Someday I will though.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thank you! I'll be working on my confidence to wear it in public, as this is my first and only bowler. I like the look, too, but it will take some getting used to. It fits great and it's hard to take it off here in the house.
I'm sure it won't be your last Bowler. Believe me, I speak from experience as can many here :)

You'll have no trouble pulling the look off in public. It's a beaut of a Bowler and it really does looks good on you. Don't let Randy down now :cool:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Nice catches, Marcel. I'm a bit puzzled by the labels. They are of a type Borsalino used in the early seventies, but I wonder what the Ticino stands for. Should be the colour name first, but here it's obvious that those come second (nero and caffro).
Ticino is a region in Switzerland that borders Italy, Lake Como. Maybe that has something to do with it. Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff